Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
Annoyingly inconsistent with his issueing of cards .....along with a least one assistant referee and the 4th office ignored/missed one of the most blatant penalties never given! ....he did add a generous amont of time at the end of the first and second halfan above average 6 from me

Really bad first half, pretty decent second half and actually added on time for all the time wasting, bookings and injuries so a 6 from me.

Standard League 1 dross. Ludicrously inconsistent and could have nipped everything in the bud early. He also missed LOTS...like really lots. The end of the first half with the missed penalty and missed booking (choosing to whistle for half time instead) was a shocker. Adding 10 minutes was a novelty at least.

All over the place really but we've had many worse.

Missed a clear penalty and didn’t book their player for the tackle on Brown right at the end of the half - a ludicrous decision. Let far too much go in the first half. The ten minutes added time at the end was courageous though. The three people who scored him 7 or 8 must be on a wind up surely

Started off ok, but too many errors, especially the Henry shirt pull penno and the yellow card that should have been given for the last move of the 1st half.

Shame there’s no such thing as an orange card, fouling easty 3 times was disgraceful, and the foul on brown should have been a card, also missed the pull on Henry which I could see from the other end of the ground. Redeemed himself a bit second half, 5 from me, we’ve had worse this season but let’s face it the bars pretty low.

Shame there’s no such thing as an orange card, fouling easty 3 times was disgraceful, and the foul on brown should have been a card, also missed the pull on Henry which I could see from the other end of the ground. Redeemed himself a bit second half, 5 from me, we’ve had worse this season but let’s face it the bars pretty low.
Get your point but for me that going forward would just add to the debate on officials that already exist. Let's say the Orange card meant 5 minutes in a sin bin, you would still have fans argue with that either way..didn't deserve that / should have been sent off etc.

The biggest problem was allowing Players to get in an officials face, Managers mouthing off, stuff like Fergie time which whilst spoken about in joking terms now was serious and that's without your pundits who always looked for a reason for a goal not to stand etc along with other things throughout the game like offisides etc....Now we have Var and what has changed from what we see and hear from players, Managers, staff etc.

There were cynical fouls with no attempt at the ball after being beaten by Forest Green players on Marcus Browne (2 times) and Djavan Anderson which were automatic yellow cards in any other game. One of the Forest Green players booked for fouling Easty also likewise made a cynical, no attempt at the ball, foul that is normally a yellow card before he got booked; it was when he hauled down Findlay when he made a run through the centre and was pretty much past their midfield.

The Ref giving free kicks but then not booking players for such challenges gave FG the green light to foul Easty like that. As a result the Ref lost that game very early on and showed he is a poor Ref based on this game.

Wycombe now have something to learn with the tactic of rugby tackling the keeper when he has the ball.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom