Away Match Day Thread 18/05/2024: L1 Play-Off Final - Bolton vs Oxford

MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On a train full of Bolton fans and loving it!! Some delusional saying they should have won based on the stats. Most pissed off they didn't turn up. I have wine, they have whine and salty tears. COYY

Outthought, outfought and completely outplayed today. Absolutely no complaints about that result today guys fully deserved. Enjoy your night and enjoy the Championship next year you fully deserve it. Well done everybody but especially Super Des.
Cheers mate πŸ’™πŸ’›πŸŽ‰

Just incredible. Unbelievable. I didn’t start to believe we’d do it until about 98 minutes.

Even before the game in the stands I commented to my wife that it felt like a party, the atmosphere was incredible. The Oxford end was bouncing (at least in the lower tier behind the goal where we were). The Oxford fans just seemed so much more alive than Bolton’s end.

What a performance. As I said at half time, I thought the job Harris did blocking off Sheehan every time they had the ball was incredible. Long setting the tone in minute one with a crunching challenge on their biggest flair player, effectively taking him out of the game as soon as it began. The amount of running Goodrham, Dale and Brannagan got through was just incredible. The quality of Rodrigues and Murphy when it mattered most. All of the back four were so composed when we came under pressure. I also thought all of our subs massively performed. McGuane was quality in the way he kept the ball, drew fouls and sprung counter attacks. J-Mac made some super interceptions, mopped up some bits and scrapped for everything. And Leigh’s 10 minute cameo was all action. He was everywhere!

β€˜Tactical masterclass’ is an overused cliche - but is completely warranted. We did a job on them all over the pitch from first minute to last. I just didn’t see that coming at all and still feel a bit dazed. And so proud.

What a 25 years since we were last in the second tier it has been. I bloody love this club! πŸ’›πŸ’™

Meanwhile on the scummer forum…

β€˜If we appointed a manager with Buckingham's CV there would be hell to pay from most fans yet he's Oxford through and through and taken them to the promised land. Not really a dig, more a nod to what a thought out stategy can do. Never thought I'd be jealous of Oxford.’

Back
Top Bottom