Home Match Day Thread 17/09/2022 - L1: OUFC v MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.
No points today and Robinsons days are numbered, he has totally butchered the summer transfer window and playing players all out of position. Starting a home game with a centre back at left wing back is not what fans want to see, it's an appalling spectacle.

Oh dear, doesn’t sound good. I picked a good one to be on holiday for. Terrible time to concede a goal but that’s down to the players surely

Losing again with a poor manager, yet they take the poll down to prevent fans giving their view

If complete dominance of the ball is unacceptable then that’s news to me. Not the most exciting of performances but at least we aren’t launching it long to nobody.

Should be 2-0 up without question.

Manager can do lots of things but he can’t put the ball in the net for you.
true but it is his job to find and assemble a team capable of doing that

We haven’t actually looked that much like a team low on confidence, or one who doesn’t know how they want to play - we’ve just looked like we’ve not got that many really good players. Plenty of average ones, sure, but not many of the Championship-level players playing in L1, the sort who will do a great bit of skill or make something happen out of nothing.

Unsurprisingly, Bodin has done very little up front. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play well there. Browne should be up front, for sure.

Also, neither of our wingbacks are very good as wingbacks. Both lack pace.

We’re basically two great wingbacks and a quality striker away from being a decent side. If only we could have predicted that when the window was open…

Mate I’ve been as critical as anybody last few weeks but that wasn’t a bad half at all.
Come on, mostly it was dull stuff. A couple of chances near the end which we managed to miss.

Yeah we’re league two standard, simply awful.

It’s gonna take a miracle for us to not be in a relegation scrap this season.

Have to say the live league table doesn’t look good at the moment. Two points and three places off the relegation zone…

We really are terrible at the moment. Absolutely no creativity going forward. Brannigan and Mcguane are experts at travelling forward with the ball and then passing backwards, although this is down to lack of options in front of them. Findley is so bad on the ball. It is a very sorry state of affairs.

Brown is a fine defensive left back. But he’s not a left wing back.

Seddon is an okish left wing back. But he’s not a left back.
But we don't play with defensive LB, when we were at our attacking peak at 4-3-3, the fullbacks gave us width and the overload.

Seddon isn't good enough either, as a back up that plays less than 10 games a season including cup games maybe but not first choice.

No-one’s going to like this but I wish Dan Agyei had been given multiple, consecutive starts as a central striker, like Bodin is being given. I can absolutely guarantee you he would have played better than what we’re seeing from Billy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom