Away Match Day Thread 15/08/23 - L1: Derby County v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remember away there in the 90’s (1994 or 1993 perhaps). Lost 2-1 and budgie got a late goal to give us false hope. Derby fans throwing coins over during the game, fans drinking alcohol on the terrace and it was lively outside with DLF and SMHS.
Mad to think that’s 30 years ago!

1994 - and until last season, that was the last time we played them!
The last time we beat them was November 1993. The side that day - Whitehead, Elliott, Mike Ford, Lewis, Robinson, Rogan, Magilton, Beauchamp, Cusack, Byrne, Allen.
So as many as nine Oxford legends or near legends in the same side. And Nick Cusack.

I'm expecting another tight affair tonight. Not many goals. We're going to need to be more efficient in the final third than we have been so far this season to win this one.

1994 - and until last season, that was the last time we played them!
The last time we beat them was November 1993. The side that day - Whitehead, Elliott, Mike Ford, Lewis, Robinson, Rogan, Magilton, Beauchamp, Cusack, Byrne, Allen.
So as many as nine Oxford legends or near legends in the same side. And Nick Cusack.

I'm expecting another tight affair tonight. Not many goals. We're going to need to be more efficient in the final third than we have been so far this season to win this one.
And Anton Rogan!

Just a bit off topic, but relevant to another fixture this evening. Chesterfield fans saying they are in Headington and not far from the ground......?

Key will be to stay in this in the first half. They're an ageing side built entirely on experience - hard to see what, if anything, Mark Thomas has managed to influence since getting there. We might just have the energy to do something in the second half but I just can't see our defence standing firm here. I think it'll be 2-0 at h/t and eventually concede a third before the end. Bit of a humbling night ahead unless the God's are really with us.

A draw would be nice, a win fantastic, a loss would be a bad habit..
Come on the manor 🤘🤘

Yes Oxford city v chesterfield
Yes not far only down hill from HEADINGTON .headly way & your there. Few pints in HEADINGTON have a couple in the white horse last n down the hill or white heart & back way down old headington to ground.
I'm jealous,oh the memories.

Just a bit off topic, but relevant to another fixture this evening. Chesterfield fans saying they are in Headington and not far from the ground......?
Headington to Marston is indeed not far (and it's downhill!)

well they're quite close to Court Place Farm there, just down the hill

Can only see a pasting in honesty, but here's hoping! Assured that striker and left back is on the way!

Stood at train station only guy in a yellow shirt surrounded by Derby fans lol.. hoping to snatch a point tonight.

I assume Rodrigues has been rested rather than dropped as I felt he’s been good so far. Manning doesn’t seem scared to chop and change (personnel not formation anyway) but I suppose with playing Sat-Tues he hasn’t had much choice.

Is anyone else struggling to pay with a card for iFollow?

Normal card entry then press 'PAY' and a tickbox appears with 'acknowledgeNoFreeTrial' and a red line with CONFLICT

Is anyone else struggling to pay with a card for iFollow?

Normal card entry then press 'PAY' and a tickbox appears with 'acknowledgeNoFreeTrial' and a red line with CONFLICT
I had this too, was only able to pay by selecting a saved card, which only came up as an option second time around. Then it just worked. Still not quite sure what happened tbh.

Back
Top Bottom