Ref Watch +++ 13/07/20 L1 Play Off FINAL - OUFC v Wycombe+++

At least you’ve got your ‘proper’ derby next season. And you don’t care about Wycombe anyway. Little Wycombe - the ‘anti-football’ team who totally turned you over.
Wycombe in the Championship? Beyond comprehension? Yep and we know it.
How pissed off was Robinson in his post match interview? Ainsworth completely out did him in terms of tactical nous.
Anyway, we’ll enjoy it all and see you back in L1 in a year’s time, after we’ve trousered a boat load of Championship money, which we keep us going for a long time. Contrast that against a three sided ground, owned by a landlord who doesn’t give a toss about OUFC.
So so sweet. ??
That’s if you’ve not gone bust it into administration.

I would rather watch winning football. This is a results based game and so long as it is within the laws of the game and sustainable to the club's finances. I would happily watch Wycombe style of play over tapping about the back then giving the ball away in midfield. Our football is very attractive but too many teams seem to be able to nullify it and it seems prone to loosing momentum.

Wycombe didn’t nullify it. We made two massive errors. Our football was beating them. It also won us many games last season

Well that was all very predictable...no not the result coming on here and reading such negative and utter drivel that they didn't have the heart couldn't be bothered think they're better than they are.telling our own players they are s**t and can fu*k off really?????.Some people need to look at themselves and wonder if following football is really for them..
Well that was all very predictable...no not the result coming on here and reading such negative and utter drivel that they didn't have the heart couldn't be bothered think they're better than they are.telling our own players they are s**t and can fu*k off really?????.Some people need to look at themselves and wonder if following football is really for them..
I really can’t believe how some people are cool with what’s happened tonight? Remember, we have championship players at our disposal (so we r told) & we r better than all the rest!! When it comes to it we bottled it when it really, really matters!?

KR and the management team must be pulling their hair out. Ok it was a slow start but by the 60th minute the game plan was back on track, the game was there to be won and there was only one winner, just needed to be careful not to concede any silly set pieces and WW only got into our penalty area once in the 2nd half and scored. Losing the game and losing the huge opportunity is going to take a lot of getting over.

Sadly we can't get going quick enough, we started the season at snail pace and gave away too many silly points in the first 6 or 7 games. And we couldn't get going after lockdown again, the strong pressing to win the ball back high up the pitch and the team ethic just wasn't there like it was at the end of February. After the painful watch against Portsmouth it was clear the legs weren't there yet, it was just too much to expect a lower league footballing side to have enough footballing creativity and ability to overcome a side that just hoofed the ball as far as they could, playing the percentage game to keep the ball away from their goal and hoping for defensive mistakes. But those tactics were absolutely perfect for the post lockdown play offs. If play offs were played in May after the end of the regular season there is no way Wycombe would have won against fresh match fit teams with continuity and momentum. It is what it is though, Wycombe played to their strengths at a time when the circumstances didn't allow us to be at our most potent. But we still should have had it won. Henry is going to have nightmares for weeks to come, it's going to go down as one of those horrible moments in the history of OUFC (Duffy v Exeter clean through but decides to give the keeper a pass back is another recent one that springs to mind if over 11 years ago is counted as recent).

Sykes and Agyie could be huge players for us next season. Whether we have anyone else around them remains to be seen. Hopefully at least one of the youngsters will step up and come through. But it is going to take a while to get over this one. With finances limited the TV promotion money is a massive loss now.
Total right.

What people aren’t “cool” with is giving abuse to our players. Now go to bed. It’s a school night.

What's worse: getting angry about losing a playoff final, or getting angry because other people are angry about a playoff final!?

Let them let off steam - it's an internet forum. Most of the players they're having a go at won't be here next season anyway. It's not like it matters.
not angry more embarrassed

Side note - Not one to usually get annoyed by this, but how biased was Lee Hendries commentary? Wycombes semi final was clearly the only time he’s seen either side play, and from there he thought they had Baresi att he back and had some sort of affinity to them.

His commentary was very biased. I was scratching my head to remember his career path after Aston Villa to understand his view pint...

Gutted has to be the word to sum tonight up. Have to admit that in all three playoff games bar maybe a spell of 20 minutes I thought we had been thoroughly unimpressive. We were a shadow of the team who played so well vs City, West Ham and Lincoln (A).

Covid came at a time where we were flying and it's my belief we would have been promoted automatically had the season continued. I also think that had we managed to keep hold of Baptiste and Cadden we may well have finished in the top two before Covid. One has to question why we allowed Baptiste to leave at such a crucial time and why we didn't see keeping Cadden to be important given his role in so many of our goals and games won in the first half of the season.

Tonight was always going to be a lottery of a game, yes I'm disappointed with the performance and key players making errors at key times and I'm sure those moments will live with the players for a long time. You have to give credit to Ainsworth whos team whilst not pretty to watch, displays a combative and effective style of football. That said I wouldn't want to be watching that style of football at our club and I can see Wycombe struggling massively next season. I'm sure most of our fans would take another season of battling for promotion than getting battered playing anti football week in week out.

I am worried about next season and arguably this summer is massive in respect of transfers and recruiting. I can see us losing 4 or 5 key players and we MUST invest and replace. Hopefully KR still sees a challenge worth pursuing here.

On a positive note, this season's finishing position was the highest for what over two decades? (I'm sure someone will remind me how long its been). That is clear progression for the club. Next season will see a number of very big clubs in it again, we have a number of decent away games, local rivalries to be reinstalled and hopefully we will actually be able to attend a game in person again [emoji1696]

I would rather watch winning football. This is a results based game and so long as it is within the laws of the game and sustainable to the club's finances. I would happily watch Wycombe style of play over tapping about the back then giving the ball away in midfield. Our football is very attractive but too many teams seem to be able to nullify it and it seems prone to loosing momentum.

Not that many teams have been able to nullify us, hence we were third in the league pre-lockdown and the form team in L1 with 5 wins in the last 5 games. Wycombe were tumbling down the league and lockdown did them a massive favour. It’s much easier to reboot a solid, long ball team than a technical passing team

Gutted has to be the word to sum tonight up. Have to admit that in all three playoff games bar maybe a spell of 20 minutes I thought we had been thoroughly unimpressive. We were a shadow of the team who played so well vs City, West Ham and Lincoln (A).

Covid came at a time where we were flying and it's my belief we would have been promoted automatically had the season continued. I also think that had we managed to keep hold of Baptiste and Cadden we may well have finished in the top two before Covid. One has to question why we allowed Baptiste to leave at such a crucial time and why we didn't see keeping Cadden to be important given his role in so many of our goals and games won in the first half of the season.

Tonight was always going to be a lottery of a game, yes I'm disappointed with the performance and key players making errors at key times and I'm sure those moments will live with the players for a long time. You have to give credit to Ainsworth whos team whilst not pretty to watch, displays a combative and effective style of football. That said I wouldn't want to be watching that style of football at our club and I can see Wycombe struggling massively next season. I'm sure most of our fans would take another season of battling for promotion than getting battered playing anti football week in week out.

I am worried about next season and arguably this summer is massive in respect of transfers and recruiting. I can see us losing 4 or 5 key players and we MUST invest and replace. Hopefully KR still sees a challenge worth pursuing here.

On a positive note, this season's finishing position was the highest for what over two decades? (I'm sure someone will remind me how long its been). That is clear progression for the club. Next season will see a number of very big clubs in it again, we have a number of decent away games, local rivalries to be reinstalled and hopefully we will actually be able to attend a game in person again [emoji1696]

Highest finish since relegation from the championship in '99.

What people aren’t “cool” with is giving abuse to our players. Now go to bed. It’s a school night.
So u r happy then!! That’s fine, no school for me just work. Maybe paint that fence that y r well & truly wedged on!! ?

At least you’ve got your ‘proper’ derby next season. And you don’t care about Wycombe anyway. Little Wycombe - the ‘anti-football’ team who totally turned you over.
Wycombe in the Championship? Beyond comprehension? Yep and we know it.
How pissed off was Robinson in his post match interview? Ainsworth completely out did him in terms of tactical nous.
Anyway, we’ll enjoy it all and see you back in L1 in a year’s time, after we’ve trousered a boat load of Championship money, which we keep us going for a long time. Contrast that against a three sided ground, owned by a landlord who doesn’t give a toss about OUFC.
So so sweet. ??
tinpot s**t wont get lucky every week on 25% possession and 4 chances a game.

Listening to KR now in his interview. Two slip ups in what he said leaves me to believe he wont be here next season. They meet Wednesday for decisions to be made. He had to adjust what he had said twice.
And he said that the Board know his ambition and it’s time to take action not just talk about it. Very similar to his rhetoric at the end of January. He holds a lot of cards now and it’ll be interesting to see if the Board do back him or not.

go and watch that s**t then.backs to the wall hoofball s**t, waiting for one lucky chance every game.im sure you woundnt moan about it at all.

Back
Top Bottom