Away Match Day Thread 12/03/24 - L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The interview of the Bolton players on Sky was interesting as they knew by playing without the brakes on was exciting for them and they knew we wouldnโ€™t cope. How I dream of seeing us playing like that.

For Christ sake donโ€™t put your name in the hat for the vacant managers job
Why do players have to be treated like fragile prima donnas? if they respect the club, fans and management it should work both ways. Do you work?

Weirdly, if Stevenage lose to Peterborough tonight we didnโ€™t really lose any ground on the play offs!

Just may have knocked our confidence which might be harder to get back.

For Christ sake donโ€™t put your name in the hat for the vacant managers job
What, you wouldn't take me despite my level 1 coaching badge?

So what would you have the team doing this morning?

Weirdly, if Stevenage lose to Peterborough tonight we didnโ€™t really lose any ground on the play offs!

Did you miss Blackpool overtaking us last night?
Lincoln getting to within 2 points of us?
Our GD now effectively putting us an extra point behind Stevenage?

Blackpool and Lincoln gained ground on us last night. Not that it really matters at the moment, we are not going to get another 16 points from the next 8 games playing as we are.

Blackpool and Lincoln gained ground on us last night. Not that it really matters at the moment, we are not going to get another 16 points from the next 8 games playing as we are.
Except they still have a game in hand

We have. Itโ€™s another game gone with fewer left. Looking more like L1 by the day for 2024/5

And yet we look so much better with him in the team.

I don't disagree with your basic point, but our current replacements are worse.

I just cannot bring myself to put the boot in on DES. I really do though, respect the views of others.

Whilst posters get questioned on the 'players who have downed tools' rumours/comments, I suspect that to be reasonably accurate. This hasn't just appeared, I heard these sort of mumblings soon after Des arrived. He's been fighting those fires ever since. It resurfaced at Coventry and then players went 'MIA' at Wimbledon away. Des has to be professional and kept all the s**t out of public consumption. He has never ever disrespected a single player, in any pubilc interview from what I can see. He's about players, development, well-being etc. All classy traits to have as a new gen manager.

We have a captain, who actually has done OK this season on the pitch and yet I don't rate him. I don't like his character, last night he looked disinterested, he was whining, he has previously relinquished (for whatever reason and I am sure it's a reasonable one in his defence) the armband - having it handed to Long/Cam, before taking it back. He isn't a leader, he is a good L1 defender, yet I suspect he thinks he can do better than here. He didn't front up last night, we saw no apology, and the new boy said what the captain should have done. If there is some kind of issue in the dressing room, he needs to whip his teammates into shape (unless of course, he's happy to stand by and watch them find ways to put Des out to dry).

My ideal outcome; we muddle through with Buckingham and he shows (because he hasn't yet) a steel side to him where he can rid the club of those who appear to me, are working against him. If that's our favourites, so be it. Des' reaction last night in his post match interview, indicates and reflects what a soft side we are.

Elliott Moore needs to start being a leader.

I donโ€™t care who the manager is on Saturday - major changes required. Thorniley, Burey, Bennett, Goodwin, Matete all start. I would seriously consider Eastwood too, Cumming is a liability but Eastwood is a lesser one in my opinion.

Did you miss Blackpool overtaking us last night?
Lincoln getting to within 2 points of us?
Our GD now effectively putting us an extra point behind Stevenage?
No, but weโ€™re still only be 1 point off of the play offs if Stevenage lose tonight which Iโ€™m amazed weโ€™re still in with a chance, especially based upon how poor weโ€™ve been for so long!

Question; do I think weโ€™ll make the play offs, answer no, but thereโ€™s still a chance so I guess thatโ€™s all I/others can hang onto at the moment.

I dont think Bolton played well at all, that defeat was totally down to us being absolutely pathetic. You did the basics well and worked much harder than us even in first gear.
Its no criticism of Bolton at all, but that was all on us tonight.
Youโ€™re wrong there, the Bolton. I saw last night were well versed in how to match all a game,. They closed us down very well they were winning most of the 2nd ball they were passing really well short and long passes and the pace they had well that puts us to shame, an old Jerome outpaced Long.
We were taught a lesson last night in how to Control and win games.

It was sad to watch and as for Buckinghamโ€™s comments about being on tv and showing what we were all about was in fact embarrassing.

At this moment in time Stevenage are 1 point ahead with 2 games in hand
If Stevenage get a draw or win tonight, we won't catch them.. Saying that,even if they lose I don't think we will. Blackpool has to slip up too.
Lincoln are on fire & right up our backsides... Big ask now , especially the absolute weak, bottleness,running through the team ,from top to bottom..

Except they still have a game in hand
But weโ€™ve got to play Lincoln and Stevenage at home! I know, doesnโ€™t mean anything, but shows that anything could happen between now and the end of the season.

Do I expect it to, probably not now more than ever, but weโ€™ve just got to hold on to what weโ€™ve got at the moment rather than twisting/throwing our hand in.

I don't think players are "in" until tomorrow - what DB said in his interview - where he looked completely dejected. He has the look & demeanor of someone who has lost the plot - he certainly has lost (parts of) the dressing room. Another display like last night on Saturday & he has to be gone. It's embarrassing just to even think about us participating in the play-offs.

Back
Top Bottom