Away Match Day Thread 12/03/24 - L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can’t excuse Buckingham’s record. It is abject.

But, to a man we as a fan base should absolutely holding this bunch of spineless coward players to account! They have been abject for weeks and weeks (months in fact).

RR hasn’t played since Manning left and tonight he was embarrassing. He’d lost the ball in a bad area for the third goal and didn’t learn his lesson for the 4th - he lost the ball 35 yards from goal and made no attempt to win the ball back and petulantly flung his hand in the air. The bloke has been a joke for months.

This bunch HAVE NOT backed this manager. PPG would suggest it. Des is failing, but a large proportion of the angst needs to be directed at the players. They’re gutless and they shouldn’t get a free pass to just down tools.

Even Robin on RadOx is being very critical of Des….. now having listened to him over the past few seasons is actually correct in what he said

If it wasn’t obvious before that Buckingham is out of his depth and nowhere near ready for this job then it is now, we literally have no idea how to defend under him. Short in charge and look for someone with Manningesque qualities as the long term replacement.

Some of our players have f**k all about them though, literally robots who need hand holding to get anything out of them.

Need a clear out and start again on the player front as much as we can.
Tbh I’m not convinced Short is more than a weathervane coach who does whatever his manager tells him to without question.

He was seemingly part of the problem under Karl and is doing nothing to help Des, but he wins one game to Leyton Orient and suddenly he’s the messiah. I don’t get it.

Bolton were very very good. Sometimes you come up against a side on a good day. It's made worse when your players make a lot of errors, but the pressing was relentless, and possibly forced a few of them. Very depressing, but definitely worse if we lose to Port Vale (by any score).

You can’t excuse Buckingham’s record. It is abject.

But, to a man we as a fan base should absolutely holding this bunch of spineless coward players to account! They have been abject for weeks and weeks (months in fact).

RR hasn’t played since Manning left and tonight he was embarrassing. He’d lost the ball in a bad area for the third goal and didn’t learn his lesson for the 4th - he lost the ball 35 yards from goal and made no attempt to win the ball back and petulantly flung his hand in the air. The bloke has been a joke for months.

This bunch HAVE NOT backed this manager. PPG would suggest it. Des is failing, but a large proportion of the angst needs to be directed at the players. They’re gutless and they shouldn’t get a free pass to just down tools.
I’d be quite happy for Des or any other manager to give Ruben a spell on the bench to find his sense of professionalism again.

McGuane and Rodrigues should be drummed out of the club for their performances. Cowards.
The fact that both have become seemingly undropable tells you all you need to know.

They've done very little of any note at all in their last 10 or so appearances. They both need benching and then binning in the summer if they don't pull their thumbs out of their fundaments pronto.

Individuals who haven't played at all well but who can - though as a team supporting each other just not there tonight. Bench all wrong and set up tonight with Bolton not affording us anything at all.

If it wasn’t obvious before that Buckingham is out of his depth and nowhere near ready for this job then it is now, we literally have no idea how to defend under him. Short in charge and look for someone with Manningesque qualities as the long term replacement.

Some of our players have f**k all about them though, literally robots who need hand holding to get anything out of them.

Need a clear out and start again on the player front as much as we can.
Would rather not have another Manning style manager.

Tbh I’m not convinced Short is more than a weathervane coach who does whatever his manager tells him to without question.

He was seemingly part of the problem under Karl and is doing nothing to help Des, but he wins one game to Leyton Orient and suddenly he’s the messiah. I don’t get it.

I don’t think he will be much more than a caretaker manager but we can’t be relegated so let’s just remove a man who has turned out to be hopeless and look for someone who is better, might as well be Short in the managers role until we get the new one in, he can’t do worse than Buckingham.

Back
Top Bottom