Away Match Day Thread 12/03/24 - L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Every season we have one of those games where nothing goes right and we have an absolute shocker and we get absolutely beat, sometimes it might happen twice. In the last 4 months under this manager we have had 4 of the most embarrassing performances an Oxford side have put in against Peterborough, Derby, Coventry and now Bolton. And in between that there have been some awful abject performances too. It has happened far too often to be unlucky or a coincidence. The slide from 2nd place has been beyond spectacular.

It cost them a lot of money to get him out of the City Group, but that contract should be riddled with exit clauses. Opportunity of a lifetime for Des - take over your boyhood club at a level way higher than you’ve managed at previously? He should be far more sackable than Karl was last year.
I hope and I think you might be spot on. There has to be a break clause in there to avoid a situation like last time.

That result has been a long time coming imo Bolton were far superior to us and they didn't get out of second gear that scoreline was kind to us in the end.

I'm sorry to say it but Des has turned this team into relegation standard he's a non league manager managing at a level beyond his capabilities

I'm not even pissed off tonight I'm just thankful we got so many points at the beginning of the season

I agree the players should hang their heads but these are the same players who did very well earlier in the season. Des has totally lost it and them and should go. Interesting to hear what he says.

If it wasn’t obvious before that Buckingham is out of his depth and nowhere near ready for this job then it is now, we literally have no idea how to defend under him. Short in charge and look for someone with Manningesque qualities as the long term replacement.

Some of our players have f**k all about them though, literally robots who need hand holding to get anything out of them.

Need a clear out and start again on the player front as much as we can.

Back
Top Bottom