Away Match Day Thread 12/03/24 - L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How about giving the players pelters instead? Rather than the manager.

Some players ought to be ashamed of themselves tonight. They werenโ€™t trying.
Itโ€™s a sum of all parts. Manager has to galvanise the players and give them a plan to believe in which he hasnโ€™t achieved in a very good number of games in charge - he didnโ€™t take over last week.

However yes, a professional should always give 100% in a game which wasnโ€™t there tonight.

Yep I'm afraid I agree. Des isn't the man for us. No experience, seemingly no tactical nous, and he really cant seem to inspire the players. We've gone backwards under his leadership. I wanted him to work out so much but it's clearly an experiment gone wrong.

Having said that, many of our players have been absolute dross for a large amount of the time!

Buckingham out. No doubt.

Iโ€™ll say it for a 3rd time now. This is going to cost the owners a lot of money in compensation.
If willing to give a manager a chance is a bad thing in your eyes then fair enough. He was too slow on putting his stamp on the side which part of me understood but still felt it was the wrong thing.
This though is a performance and scoreline that gets a manager the sack and no one can complain.
It cost them a lot of money to get him out of the City Group, but that contract should be riddled with exit clauses. Opportunity of a lifetime for Des - take over your boyhood club at a level way higher than youโ€™ve managed at previously? He should be far more sackable than Karl was last year.

If we were run by many of the fans on this board, we'd get through more managers than Watford. It was really s**t tonight, but it doesn't change the logic that saw the majority say a manager (any manager) should be given a decent amount of time before judging them. Appleton for example would have been sacked about 6 times over in his first season.

We arenโ€™t going up and we arenโ€™t going down and it gives the club a bit of breathing space so they donโ€™t rush any appointment.

Needs a new manager, backroom staff and a big turnover of players in the summer for me.

Fans pay good money to attend to be entertained and currently they are being heavily under changed.

It cost them a lot of money to get him out of the City Group, but that contract should be riddled with exit clauses. Opportunity of a lifetime for Des - take over your boyhood club at a level way higher than youโ€™ve managed at previously? He should be far more sackable than Karl was last year.
I agree, there should be break clauses in it with X amount due if he is sacked before a certain time.
If there isnโ€™t then I really will question Williams and Ferguson even more than I already do.

Back
Top Bottom