Away Match Day Thread 12/03/24 - L1: Bolton Wanderers v OUFC

Who was your MOTM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not according to Appleton. He said Leigh had to clear it

Yes, initially when he’s back pedalling perhaps he should have judged it better in the air BUT once that ball bounces and Cumming and Leigh are head on, then Cumming has to take charge - he’s got three bites of the cherry, hands, head or feet and as he’s facing the play he’s got a much clearer picture of the situation than Leigh has.

There isn’t a back bone amongst our lot. Absolutely gutless.

Woeful performance.

Does this look like a team playing for their Manager in front of national TV? It doesn’t to me.

I feel for Des.
I wonder why they aren't playing for him? Maybe they think he's just not very good?

Well, based on all the games I've seen since Des has been here, im of the opinion he isn't very good either. We do like giving managers a decent chance, but sometimes keeping a manager just isn't the right thing to do

Pathetic performance from all of them - we have good footballers but they are stifled by the clown we have in charge. He is out of his depth and our board have made an expensive mistake.

The lack of movement off the ball is painful, everytime someone gets the ball, all of the movement is behind them, we go back, they press, we lose the ball, it's so easy
That is the main difference for me. Bolton are tracking our midfield and forward players if and when they make a move so any ball to them is going to be a 50:50 at best. Then we pass it back and end up losing it in the same place we started passing it back from. Their players are making smarter moves into space, and ours are not tracking them as effectively. When we do start to press them, they chip the ball into the big gap between defence and keeper, or knock it out to the big space on the far wing. I'm not really sure what can be done about it as I can't see Bolton suddenly forgetting how to play, or our players suddenly remembering. Our only hope is that they get complacent and we somehow get one back.

This is a shocking display so far. I'm still behind Des, but he needs to pull something out of the hat here. The players look so confused and slow

Rodrigues is beginning to really get on my wick.

Their formation is doing us. Yes they are better but we are getting done. We have to match their formation and go 2 up top with wing backs.

There isn’t a back bone amongst our lot. Absolutely gutless.

Woeful performance.

Does this look like a team playing for their Manager in front of national TV? It doesn’t to me.

I feel for Des.
But he's the boss ,after 20+ games it should be better ,they should be organised, week in week out its shocking, let's hope the 2nd half is better.

Absolutely hopeless. As ever we seem to have no plan and playing Brannagan and McGuane against a 5 man midfield is asking for trouble, it was never on. See what we rustle up in the second half and if Long means a change of formation.

One thing is for certain, Des has to change something at half time. Nothing to lose. Put an extra body up top and let's put them under a bit of pressure. We're not going to score three goals from Brown and Moore doing one-twos in our box.
Sam Long will sort it

Back
Top Bottom