Current Player #11 Billy Bodin

He joined us in 21-2 season. He’s always been skilful and a good finisher but before this season I never knew what role he was meant to be in.
Can't remember the exact season, but he had one spell where he looked really good. Scored a great fk at home to Bolton that season.

TBH, I still don't know what his strongest position is, but he is a great footballer.

Can't remember the exact season, but he had one spell where he looked really good. Scored a great fk at home to Bolton that season.

TBH, I still don't know what his strongest position is, but he is a great footballer.
He was a top class championship player at Preston before his injuries. He lacks the pace he used to have but he is a class act now he is fully fit. He is great asset because he can play many different roles at League 1 level. His ability to find space and use it, is so good. Any aspiring footballer should watch the way he plays, his movement and ability to create space is so good.

Think that was his first season with us and he scored another very good goal in the same game. Afterwards was interviewed and asked about his fitness because he had previously struggled and he said how he'd been available all season. Unfortunately Robinson had chosen not to play him which was a pretty big error, in hindsight.

For all Harris brings to the team of we're playing 4231 then I think I'd play Bodin up front providing we have pace out wide that can stretch defences. He's a class act still.

I’m quite bemused by the BB love-in. I think he’s a fine player, if more than a little one-paced, but his touch and finishing have been poor this season. I think he’s had more chances than any other player (due to his superior movement), but he’s missed too many. His first touch has been poor in many games this season. Thats noticeable because it’s normally one of his strengths.

I’m glad he’s with us, but he can do much better than the level we have seen this season.

‘Bemused’ as well.

His first touch is always excellent. You must be watching a different game to me.

One of the key men in the team.
At your next visit to the opticians, may I suggest that you seek less of a rose tint to your glasses. It'll help you greatly. ;)

I’m quite bemused by the BB love-in. I think he’s a fine player, if more than a little one-paced, but his touch and finishing have been poor this season. I think he’s had more chances than any other player (due to his superior movement), but he’s missed too many. His first touch has been poor in many games this season. Thats noticeable because it’s normally one of his strengths.

I’m glad he’s with us, but he can do much better than the level we have seen this season.
To be fair, Manning seems to be part of the BB love in .
I have heard him a few times saying how much he loves watching him play and how good his first touch is.
He did say that Bodin needs to score more which is true I wouod have thought with the chances he has.

I both agree and disagree, his touch against Maidenhead was definitely off and I don't feel like he provided much (outside of obviously scoring two goals :ROFLMAO:)

I think he's improved this season but I really don't want to see both him and Rodrigues playing together, it causes us to move the ball too slowly.

Great in some games; like playing with ten in others. Flicks and dummies either come off and look glorious or put us on the back foot in dangerous areas.

Probably the best option we have at CF until January. Looks good as a false 9 with decent players around him. Hopefully Browne and Edwards returning at the end of the month will see him there more often, especially if Harris carries on missing the cow’s a**e with the biggest banjo in the shop.

‘Bemused’ as well.

His first touch is always excellent. You must be watching a different game to me.

One of the key men in the team.
The frustration for me with Bodin is how many times he looks to check back onto his other foot when he gets into perfect position to shot or score & he over does it constantly which ends up him losing possession.

The frustration for me with Bodin is how many times he looks to check back onto his other foot when he gets into perfect position to shot or score & he over does it constantly which ends up him losing possession.
I think that's particularly if the ball is on his right foot where he is not comfortable and he's trying to shift it back to his left or set up a shot.

He's a lovely footballer and one one of the best technicians in the club, but let's not pretend that that he has days where it doesn't come off and the ball can just get away from him.

Last edited:
Any news on Bodin? Odd he hasn't been in the last two squads, as supposedly he was ok, just having his minutes managed?

What’s the latest news on Bodin?

It’s all gone very quiet, same as with Murphy. Or have I missed an injury update?

That is the problem this from our new manager is a bit Robinesque with the injuries are a couple of weeks away which in face are 3 months away and attacking options in hopefully before today🤔

Back
Top Bottom