Current Player #11 Billy Bodin

Credit where it's due, I thought he had a good game today.

Long overdue, but well done Billy.

Completely disagree. It was his best game of the season, he was still poor and went missing much of the time - leaving those around him to do the work.

I implore you all to watch him intently when we're in possession. He hides. He literally gets himself marked if he doesn't fancy it. And his set piece deliveries aren't good enough.

A so-called luxury player without any of the luxury.

Good header and a better game but still a shadow of what he was last year. Hopefully he can kick on after today. Doing no worse than Taylor.

He literally gets himself marked if he doesn't fancy it.
Weirdly, my brother clocked exactly this today. Pointed it out to me and sure enough two or three minutes later I watched him do it. Planted himself squarely on a defender rather than looking for space.

Very odd.

He can do the odd wondrous thing but he’s nowhere nearly as involved as Henry normally is, who does a lot of short passing and basic midfield stuff along with the crosses and shots. He’s a mystery wrapped in an enigma, or whatever the phrase is.

I think the only position Bodin could thrive in would be a 3-4-1-2 in the free role behind 2 strikers like he did last season.

We could set up like:

Eastwood
Long Moore Findlay
Anderson McGuane Brannagan LWB
Bodin
Joseph Browne​

He definitely can only play deeper, not got the pace to be higher up. It’s strange seeing him in a midfield 3 as he doesn’t really offer a lot defensively, he was decent in an attacking sense for me. It has taken him till October 22nd to turn up for the season though, ultimate Robinson player.

Putting him in for Henry certainly exposed Sam Long. Who was s**t all game.

I was away last week with a few lads that have season tickets with there kids this and last season after not going for years as they were playing themselves, it was interesting that all of them thought Long was a real weak link.
He isn’t actually much good defensively at right back, a quick winger always has him on toast and we concede from down his side regularly.
Absolute madness not to upgrade the full back positions this summer, all this marginal gain stuff is B*****s if you have such an obvious big improvement you can make.

Weirdly, my brother clocked exactly this today. Pointed it out to me and sure enough two or three minutes later I watched him do it. Planted himself squarely on a defender rather than looking for space.

Very odd.

Your brother clearly has a good eye for a charlatan mercenary too.

Coupled with tentative jogging around the middle of the park when we have an opportunity to break at pace, he can absolutely do one for me.

This team has a lack of structure. A lack of balance. A lack of identity. What it doesn't lack (for the most part) is effort (see Brown, Browne, Joseph, McGuane, Brannagan each week - hell even the majority of players who are nowhere near good enough still work hard - Long, Seddon).

Billy Bodin is an outlier. He is lazy, disinterested and a passenger.

Get rid asap.

Your brother clearly has a good eye for a charlatan mercenary too.

Coupled with tentative jogging around the middle of the park when we have an opportunity to break at pace, he can absolutely do one for me.

This team has a lack of structure. A lack of balance. A lack of identity. What it doesn't lack (for the most part) is effort (see Brown, Browne, Joseph, McGuane, Brannagan each week - hell even the majority of players who are nowhere near good enough still work hard - Long, Seddon).

Billy Bodin is an outlier. He is lazy, disinterested and a passenger.

Get rid asap.
Tbh he may be another who's become demoralised

It's demoralising going to games - but I'm still putting the f**king effort in.
I went to the chippy before the game on Saturday and found a good 20-25 people standing around waiting, because there weren’t any chips ready.

No order. No system. Nothing at all. A complete free for all. Just person after person, standing there, looking confused and annoyed.

The bloke behind the counter made eye contact with me and tilted his head back, as if to say, “Well? What do you want?”

For the first time I can remember, rather than simply feeling dismayed and bracing myself for a complete shambles of a wait, I found myself surveying the scene with a strange sense of anger beginning to stir inside of me.

“No way,” I said to him. “No. Way.” And with that, I turned and left. With no chips. With no hope. With no idea as to how anything gets better.

I’m completely broken.

Is this Bill's best season for us so far?

With the lack of a real number 9, Billy being able to play there has really saved us this season, long may it continue.

Last edited:
Is this Bill's best season for us so far? He was immense for us in the season curtailed by the pandemic also.

With the lack of a real number 9, Billy being able to play there has really saved us this season, long may it continue.
He joined us in 21-2 season. He’s always been skilful and a good finisher but before this season I never knew what role he was meant to be in.

Back
Top Bottom