U21s On Pro Contracts
Eddie Brearey (20 in June)
James Golding (19 in August)
Tyler Goodrham (20 in August)
Josh Johnson (19 in September)
Teddy Mfuni (20 in March)
Gatlin O'Donkor (19 in October)

3rd Year Scholars
Fraser Barnsley - Goalkeeper (Joined Everton)
George Franklin - Centre Back
Amari Davis-Stephenson - Winger

2nd Year Scholars
Monty Marriott - Goalkeeper
Rashane Maxwell - Full-Back
Richard Gerrard - Full-Back
Max Smith - Centre Back
Richard McIntyre - Defender
Zaide Took-Oxley - Central Midfielder
Tobias Brenan - Central Midfielder
Jacob Fowler - Midfielder
Aidan Elliott-Wheeler - Winger
Josh Iheanacho - Striker

New First Year Scholars can be seen >>> https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/oufc-scholars-22-23.8030/post-712365

Last edited:
I saw Elliott- Wheeler twice last season and was really impressed.
He seemed to have a bit of Stuart Massey about him.

As you say it will be interesting to see how these youngsters develop. Josh Johnson could be another who comes into the first team squad as back up for DCM?

I saw Elliott- Wheeler twice last season and was really impressed.
He seemed to have a bit of Stuart Massey about him.

As you say it will be interesting to see how these youngsters develop. Josh Johnson could be another who comes into the first team squad as back up for DCM?
Andy Whing being at Solihull might allow for a natural step-up for Elliott-Wheeler.

I know Stevie Kinniburgh said when he took over the academy role that the new focus would be much more on individual development plans, and not just applying the same plan across all players in terms of loans/keeping them around the first team squad.

Unusual to have four 3rd year scholars, normally it's two years then pro deal or leave
I remember that ADS was injured for much of last season, but intrigued if anyone can add some clarity on the other three (now two)...

Unusual to have four 3rd year scholars, normally it's two years then pro deal or leave
I remember that ADS was injured for much of last season, but intrigued if anyone can add some clarity on the other three (now two)...
Wording from the club was Barnsley and Franklin were both offered a third year of a scholarship.
Franklin is in Spain so presumably signed it!

First game of pre-season for the U18s tonight, going down 2-1 at North Leigh.

Marriott, Maxwell, Lacey, Franklin (Fowler 46), McIntyre (Rangecroft 82), Barrett-Doyle (Holton 82), Brenan, Took-Oxley (Mole 77), Elliott-Wheeler (Travin 77), Burton (Griffiths 72), Iheanacho (Snowden 63)

George Franklin scored a penalty.
Noticed in the match report the following comment "the subs will get longer on the pitch when the team welcome a Robbie Fowler Academy side at the weekend."

James Golding scored for Dartford on Monday

Where does Griffiths fit in to the OP? He seems really rated from what I have read.
Well done Franklin and Elliott- Wheeler as well.
What with Barnsley going to Everton as well , the investment in the youth seems to be paying off.

Where does Griffiths fit in to the OP? He seems really rated from what I have read.
Well done Franklin and Elliott- Wheeler as well.
What with Barnsley going to Everton as well , the investment in the youth seems to be paying off.
He reached his 16th birthday on Sunday last (sept 3rd)- U16 academy player?

hes got school today

He reached his 16th birthday on Sunday last (sept 3rd)- U16 academy player?

hes got school today

Been involved in the youth team squad recently from the match reports. He started in the PDL Cup 2-0 win vs MK Dons.

Didn’t know where else to put this…I’m considering going to the youth team game v Pompey on Saturday, just confirming that the games take place at Oxford Sports Park as it doesn’t say on the website? The last time I saw them was years ago when they still played at Abingdon Utd. Cheers

Didn’t know where else to put this…I’m considering going to the youth team game v Pompey on Saturday, just confirming that the games take place at Oxford Sports Park as it doesn’t say on the website? The last time I saw them was years ago when they still played at Abingdon Utd. Cheers

Yes. Pitch by the road near the gate if like previous games.

Back
Top Bottom