James Roberts

Squad:
Nico Jones
Slavi Spasov
Tyrone Marsh
Canice Carroll
Max Harris
Michael Elechi

How would we fare in L1? I think we’d get overrun in midfield!

(PS Ruffels counts)
(PPS McCleary was only at the club for a few months)
(PPPS pretty sure Anya is retired)

Ruffels doesn’t count, neither does Ekpiteta as he never played a game for us, if you’re going to do it you have to do it properly

That team wouldn’t stand a chance of staying up in league 1, they’d be near the bottom of league 2 but should stay up comfortably enough as long as Baptiste, Taylor and O’Dowda stay healthy

You’d either have to put Long at left back and start Welch-Hayes or trust in Elechi

And Canice is definitely better than Ashby

Agreed with your post up until this point. Would take Ashby in the team over Carroll. Think it was MApp that said Ashby was one of the best passers of the ball he had seen at the club and is still doing well for Oxford City. Rated him whenever I've seen City play. Carroll's attitude was dreadful and I cant remember one game where he made a good impression.

Agreed with your post up until this point. Would take Ashby in the team over Carroll. Think it was MApp that said Ashby was one of the best passers of the ball he had seen at the club and is still doing well for Oxford City. Rated him whenever I've seen City play. Carroll's attitude was dreadful and I cant remember one game where he made a good impression.
Carroll has played around 40 league games, and was taken on by Brentford.
Josh Ashby, whist apparently very promising at Oxford , dropped pretty quickly down to National League South.
I don't think that its too over the top to suggest that Carroll should be in ahead if Ashby?

Carroll has played around 40 league games, and was taken on by Brentford.
Josh Ashby, whist apparently very promising at Oxford , dropped pretty quickly down to National League South.
I don't think that its too over the top to suggest that Carroll should be in ahead if Ashby?
Josh Ashby is one of those who appears to be quite happy playing at Conference South level - I assume he has secondary income from work as City aren't full time I don't think?

Carroll got his move to Brentford, and his career has rapidly declined ever since. In just over two years, he has gone from signing for a highly thought of Championship club for a fee, to playing in the fourth tier in Scotland.

Ruffels doesn’t count, neither does Ekpiteta as he never played a game for us, if you’re going to do it you have to do it properly

That team wouldn’t stand a chance of staying up in league 1, they’d be near the bottom of league 2 but should stay up comfortably enough as long as Baptiste, Taylor and O’Dowda stay healthy

You’d either have to put Long at left back and start Welch-Hayes or trust in Elechi

Yeah, Ruffels is a cheat but the criteria is youth teamers so Ekpiteta definitely counts.

It's a shame Whitehead and Hackett have retired, this team could really do with them

That team would struggle massively in League One, I agree, but I reckon would do well in League Two. Taylor, O’Dowda and Baptiste would be absolute beasts at that level and would carry the team.

If we're including ringers, how about Jorge Grant at Lincoln.

Born in Banbury according to wiki and I think he's an Oxford fan.

Any other players born in the shire?
Excluding Obita.

Back
Top Bottom