Chairman The Maxwell Era

This is on today's Daily Mail. Not my picture, stolen from a Facebook group.

View attachment 11531

Thanks for this - a mug told story, but well written.

This bit at the end, and the PRB quote, is the where the excitement really is. Whatever happens on Monday, it’s the 24 Jan that is even more important to the club. Hope we get positive results on both dates!

bc6f9be69b9fcf650d5032807ebc4ba2.jpg

No-one calls Leyton Orient the "L's" or Colchester the "C's", so why???
It would be s**t, Liverpool vs Leeds would be the L's vs The L's etc, not got a clue where this has come from but that two sperate articles now that have done it.

The 'O's again, why has this started happening?

Enjoyed the bit about wiping his a**e with towels instead of toilet paper.
It has always irked me a bit that our existing nicknames are a bit rubbish when compared to other FL clubs.

The latics
The tractor boys
The railway men
The owls
The gas
The tykes

I wish we had something like that.

It would be amusing to have the Saturday highlights voiceover man trotting out lines like "and 'The Cricketers' added a third in stoppage time" ......

It has always irked me a bit that our existing nicknames are a bit rubbish when compared to other FL clubs.

The latics
The tractor boys
The railway men
The owls
The gas
The tykes

The Oxen doesn't quite have the same ring to it

The latics
The tractor boys
The railway men
The owls
The gas
The tykes

Who else can shout "Up the f*****g Ox!!!"???

I've often wondered (well, occasionally, er, once) whether " the 'Ford" would work as a nickname?

Also, are we the most prominent "yellows " in the league - who else actually uses it to any real extent?

I've often wondered (well, occasionally, er, once) whether " the 'Ford" would work as a nickname?
"The Ford"? How posh are you! To most of us that would be spoken as "The Fuud"

No-one calls Leyton Orient the "L's" or Colchester the "C's", so why???

Buggered if I can remember who they were playing on Saturday, or why I watched them* on fawa but the Orient commentator repeatedly described his team as the "Os" during the 10 minutes I could keep any spark of interest; so you're right, nobody calls Leyton Orient the "Ls".

* It was Carlisle. Up the North!

I reckon "the bovine beasts of burden crossing the river" would work nicely as it flows off the tongue.

Also, are we the most prominent "yellows " in the league - who else actually uses it to any real extent?
Norwich (pronounced Norridge by nearly everyone)

Back
Top Bottom