General Maxwell's in trouble again.

A very murky affair.. the whole Maxwell saga proves that money doesn’t necessarily bring happiness

Funny that our Milk Cup win is being drawn in to this scandal (the picture on the Yahoo story)

Reading the comments , still seems lots of people still have not forgiven Robert Maxwell for the pension scandal.
Tbh, some of my friends at the time did lose their pension because of this.

Reading the comments , still seems lots of people still have not forgiven Robert Maxwell for the pension scandal.
Tbh, some of my friends at the time did lose their pension because of this.
To be honest, its nothing to do with the pension scandal. It's trying to merge the club with Reading.... that was forgotten to some extent between 83 - 86, but then he went to Derby and took Hebberd and Saunders with him, tried to buy Watford too and just let the club drift between 87 - 91 when we could have been on to something big.....
It was a bloody roller coaster though! Always makes me laugh when someone says we have someone dodgy buying us... after 10 years of the Maxwell family owning the club everything else seemed amateur hour!!

I want that leech Prince Andrew to be in front of a Judge.............that wont happen tho will it???

To be honest, its nothing to do with the pension scandal. It's trying to merge the club with Reading.... that was forgotten to some extent between 83 - 86, but then he went to Derby and took Hebberd and Saunders with him, tried to buy Watford too and just let the club drift between 87 - 91 when we could have been on to something big.....
It was a bloody roller coaster though! Always makes me laugh when someone says we have someone dodgy buying us... after 10 years of the Maxwell family owning the club everything else seemed amateur hour!!
Tried to buy Man Utd as well didn't he? Or did I dream that?

Tried to buy Man Utd as well didn't he? Or did I dream that?
Yeah, he did.. I think that was during 83-84.... I nearly put that in, says it all with Maxwell that there is more in there than you could ever want to add..... Didn't he also threaten to close the club down if the City, or was it county council didn't give him a grant of £200k towards to the improvements to the Manor (fences all down both side, seats in Beach Road paddock to Cuckoo Lane end of tunnel, removing the LRT moat and replacing the anti coin grill with a proper fence and the three new Osler Road Stands).... then there was the time he came in to London Road when it was all kicking off against Pompey etc..)

Back
Top Bottom