Ex-Staff Karl Robinson

I believe you’re right.

How did we manage to cut short Dan Crowley’s season long loan all those seasons back though? That was done outside of the transfer window, wasn’t it?
That was 6/7 years ago. Think the rules were a little different back then.

To put into context what a detestable person he was, something extra from Friday's meeting. Robinson came out with the following while grinning and sniggering (along with Williams) "along with the subs on the bench we run a sweepstake as to when we hear the first Robbo out chant"
Taken aback, I stopped him and remarked that this was "facile and juvenile behaviour". Williams looked at me as though I'd accused them of some heinous crime and leapt to Robinson's defence.
I was later informed that Robinson was telling anyone in the Vicky Arms, Marston who'd listen, that I had no sense of humour. Well, well, Mr Robinson, who's laughing now?

Sacked from MK Don's.
jumped ship at Charlton, just before them sacking him.
Sacked from Oxford United.
Please let's get better 🤘🤘🤘🤘

I can say I genuinely did not like him. From day one. The good football that interspersed the crap and the BS did help though.
Ditto. It was the complete balderdash he came out with after games I couldn’t stand. We’d see a crap game with a leaky defence and no goal threat, he’d compare it to watching Brazil.

Why Short and Blackmore-Such when we have Kinniburgh and Hackett in our armoury? Blackmore-Such maybe but Short? No!

I would take it that the board will have a replacement in soon , if they come out and said we're going with Kinniburgh and Hackett it would suggest they were still waiting until the summer to find a replacement. Well that's how I read it.

whilst pointless to argue since I think neither would come, given the choice between Wilder an Appleton, I’d take Wilder.

He proved with Northampton and his first season with us that he could get a tune out of a team of reprobates. Appleton is an empire builder and needs time that Wilder tends to not need.

Give him a £500k bonus for keeping us up.

Ultimately he left MK several places worse off than when he took over after more than 6 years. They had one promotion in that time, of course, and a couple of great cup moments, but the end point was ultimately no better than the start point. That’s all you can judge people on - did they leave the club better off than when they found us? Appleton did. Wilder did. Robinson is yet to be able to say that, despite moments of positivity and a lot of bravado.

Posted this more than two years ago. Was saying similar for far longer.

Appointed when we were 16th in League One. Leaves us one place lower after nearly half a decade, with a worse squad than the one he inherited.

You’ll forgive me for not being all misty eyed about “the good times”, although I’m sure that’s coming en masse in the days ahead.

This has made my weekend/year. I’ve wanted him out for bloody months. Purely because of his transfer dealings, and poor results over the last 14 months.

The coaching staff need to go as well, and will do once the new man is appointed.

It will be interesting to see the bookies list, and who we can attract.

Right

Now is the time for all ST holders and fans who have not been going to get along and give 100% support
We can see how fragile we are if we concede first,what the lads need is real backing at that point.So let’s turn up in numbers starting away at Lincoln and try and fill Grenoble Road with as many as we can get vDerby and for the rest of the season.

I thank KR for 3.5 seasons out of 5 that he was here but he’d become complacent and when that happens you go backwards

any ideas on the replacement cant find any odds online
There doesn’t seem to be much on the betting sites. It’s all premiership focused for anything other than results.
Sky bet are offering 12/1 for Oxford to be relegated. Not sure if there was a shift on that price when the sacking was announced.

I find some of the vitriol directed KR’s way hard to digest. However I felt he had to depart as things went so drastically wrong this season. His personal issues clearly clouded his judgment and commitment and his recruitment was a disaster, and that chicken has most certainly come home to roost. The style of play changed drastically and team selection seemed confusing, chaotic and inconsistent. However I also give him great credit for some of the most attractive, free flowing attacking play since Joey’s time and before that since Jim Smith’s mid 80s side. 2 play offs, which we messed up admittedly, and some impressive cup performances against good Prem sides in the past seasons. He was also committed to community work and his personal handling of the Joey tributes and funeral deserved praise. I feel he genuinely cared about the club but it had all gone very stale. It is highly unusual for any manager to stay at one club for 5 years for that very reason. So I wish him good luck and thank him for past efforts. Such a shame he messed up big time this season. But surely his coaching staff are also culpable and should go too. I would have preferred Baldock/Henry to do the interim role. Critchley, Richardson, Appleton and of course Wilder all have good league 1 CV’s. All out of work. We need one in by March 6 in my opinion.

Ultimately he left MK several places worse off than when he took over after more than 6 years. They had one promotion in that time, of course, and a couple of great cup moments, but the end point was ultimately no better than the start point. That’s all you can judge people on - did they leave the club better off than when they found us? Appleton did. Wilder did. Robinson is yet to be able to say that, despite moments of positivity and a lot of bravado.

Posted this more than two years ago. Was saying similar for far longer.

Appointed when we were 16th in League One. Leaves us one place lower after nearly half a decade, with a worse squad than the one he inherited.

You’ll forgive me for not being all misty eyed about “the good times”, although I’m sure that’s coming en masse in the days ahead.
Likewise. Some of us have been saying for a long time that things were not right. Some even when he came to OUFC. That it has taken so long for him to go has consequences. The footballing set up at OUFC has taken a huge knock and will require root and branch repair. If Williams and Ferguson have any balls then they will not only have plans but will have already started to implement those plans. The facts are though that for too long Robinson was left to engineer his empire and that will need to be dismantled. How many of the staff are able and competent to remain is an issue.

P

A

R

T

Y

!!!!!!!!!

Disgrace that it went on this long.

There would have been a massive all around disbelief if the board didnt act now. In a way yesterdays shite was a good thing as it's finally removed KR. The trouble with that is I'm not sure there's enough quality in the squad to keep us up. We have perhaps 5-6 players of L1 standard at best.

KR you are GONE !!!!

Beers out, and what a release that he is nothing more to do with our club.

Who on earth will employ him now?

Back
Top Bottom