Ex-Staff Karl Robinson

I don’t feel sorry for him, even though I supported him until this season. They are paid enough to make the big decisions and there is no two ways about it Robinson has completely lost his way this season. Complete f*****g shambles. Unfortunately he has left us with some big earners for the new guy to get rid of.

I’m as happy as the next man that he’s gone, although it should obviously have happened months back. However, two comments, firstly, this is a chance to get behind the team and show some unity. Perhaps that might include some of the unnecessary division being perpetrated in this thread as people still seem to be settling scores with fellow fans?

Secondly, I couldn’t help but feel a slight pang of sympathy for Robinson when the third goal went in - chants were abounding as he stood alone , head down, kicking the ground. At that moment he knew the game was up. Admittedly, that generous spirit had long disappeared by the time I listened to his delusional rantings after the game.

Last edited:
I don’t feel sorry for him, even though I supported him until this season. They are paid enough to make the big decisions and there is no two ways about it Robinson has completely lost his way this season. Complete f*****g shambles. Unfortunately he has left us with some big earners for the new guy to get rid of.
Robinson's legacy will unfortunately be ineffective players on huge contracts that'll effect the budget for years to come.

Bit off topic. But was 783 pages that the Krexit thread had before it closed, was that a record for this forum? 😃

Lets hope the new guy can find a proper defensive midfielder who can come in and shore things up and organise a few games, even if this guy is not fully match fit he can sit in there, scrap a bit and maybe have some fresher legs around him! We're so lightweight in midfield it has been so scary to see teams running straight through us!

This was one of the major problems KR never addressed and we have paid for it this season.

Lets hope the new guy can find a proper defensive midfielder who can come in and shore things up and organise a few games, even if this guy is not fully match fit he can sit in there, scrap a bit and maybe have some fresher legs around him! We're so lightweight in midfield it has been so scary to see teams running straight through us!

This was one of the major problems KR never addressed and we have paid for it this season.
Jamie Hanson is available.

(More seriously, I do agree with you.)

Dale Stephens

KR's main problem with transfers is he always thought he could do a "good deal" by finding a player who was underpriced for their ability. This was usually because of their injury record or other less savoury circumstances (Ched Evans, Nile Ranger). He didn't seem to realise that being supposedly underpriced because of a bad injury record isn't actually being underpriced.

We've had some good times under Karl but like most things good times come to and end eventually so thanks Karl for the good times but I'm glad you're gone

Delighted, don’t feel sorry for him in the slightest, he’ll get a tidy pay off. I actually think he has been incredibly selfish the last few months, allowed his off field antics to wreck his working ability. Deluded signings, line ups and mismanagement have the left the club in a perilous state.

Don’t like to drink before 12 but today is an exception. Cheers everyone

To put into context what a detestable person he was, something extra from Friday's meeting. Robinson came out with the following while grinning and sniggering (along with Williams) "along with the subs on the bench we run a sweepstake as to when we hear the first Robbo out chant"
Taken aback, I stopped him and remarked that this was "facile and juvenile behaviour". Williams looked at me as though I'd accused them of some heinous crime and leapt to Robinson's defence.
I was later informed that Robinson was telling anyone in the Vicky Arms, Marston who'd listen, that I had no sense of humour. Well, well, Mr Robinson, who's laughing now?
That’s a bit worrying. Sounds like Williams is a bit of a prat.

To put into context what a detestable person he was, something extra from Friday's meeting. Robinson came out with the following while grinning and sniggering (along with Williams) "along with the subs on the bench we run a sweepstake as to when we hear the first Robbo out chant"
Taken aback, I stopped him and remarked that this was "facile and juvenile behaviour". Williams looked at me as though I'd accused them of some heinous crime and leapt to Robinson's defence.
I was later informed that Robinson was telling anyone in the Vicky Arms, Marston who'd listen, that I had no sense of humour. Well, well, Mr Robinson, who's laughing now?

He had no respect for our club or us fans.

Now we have a choice of an interim until the end of the season or a permanent appointment for the future. If there is a strong candidate pool then we should look for a permanent one. If it's fairly limited then we may have to source someone for the remainder with a view of a longer contract. I'm certainly not a fan of the latter because there's been so many managers who have done well finishing a season, been given a full deal and then struggled. I think it has to be a proper appointment although it's not an ideal time of the season to be making one.

Richardson and Appleton would be my top two. Nathan Jones is another outsider. I absolutely dread the Danny Cowley and I think Neil Critchley is a one-season wonder. If we weren't in such a precarious league position, we probably would've waited until the summer when contracts were up but there is so much riding on staying up and the summer now.

Happy days are here again. Feels like a huge weight has been lifted from our clubs shoulders, no pun intended.

I haven’t felt as happy as this on a Sunday morning for a very long time. Early lunchtime drink coming up. Cheers everyone 👍🍺

Back
Top Bottom