General The Board & Senior Management

Interesting update from OxVox - it seems , reading between the lines, that both Adam Benson and Tim Williams have nothing but contempt for ELECTED supporters group representatives . Best us customers learn our place it appears.

ZERO mention of an actual date, as yet, for a fans Forum either- jam tomorrow ( in March, apparently- tba) ? Benson and the board really don't like us customers it seems to me

JOIN OxVox if you're not already a member

Last edited:
The club's stance is that they have 'over communicated' and want to 'reign it in ', this comes from the latest update from Oxvox, what a absolute insult to the fanbase

Interesting update from OxVox - it seems , reading between the lines, that both Adam Benson and Tim Williams have nothing but contempt for ELECTED supporters group representatives . Best us customers learn our place it appears.

ZERO mention of an actual date, as yet, for a fans Forum either- jam tomorrow ? Benson and the board really don't like us customers it seems to me

JOIN OxVox if you're not already a member
Just started a thread for it...

Just started a thread for it...

commented on there too

So Williams thinks they as a club ‘over communicated’ previously and he wanted to rein that in.

As to reviving the five minutes fans forum, Williams and Benson felt the effort required outweighed any benefit.

It feels to me that Williams, Benson and Ferguson are deliberately trying to cultivate an us and them situation between the board and the supporters.

They look down upon supporters, we are seen as an irritant, unintelligent, to be tolerated, we’re certainly not respected as a group.

The way they treated long standing supporters, and in particular Sue Trafford and Michael North is and was shameful. I suspect it was calculated and deliberate.

The crux is they really don’t like football supporters, and will do the absolute bare minimum they think they can get away with when comes to communicating or interacting positively with Oxvox or the general fan base.

Yes we will eventually get the fans forum that was promised, but not because they want to do it, or because it’s the right hing to do. It’s because they can’t put it off no longer, it will happen when planning has gone in and there is some positive news to report.

They come across as arrogant and yet thin skinned at the same time. Quite cowardly in my view.

I'm going to say it.
Regardless of how many kajillion quid our board have, we will never develop to our full potential as a community-based unit with an open culture between club and supporters as long as these three clowns are in charge.

I'm going to say it.
Regardless of how many kajillion quid our board have, we will never develop to our full potential as a community-based unit with an open culture between club and supporters as long as these three clowns are in charge.

We are a critical time in the club’s history, our future is at stake and yet Williams et al are determined to play some sort of warped divide and rule games with the club’s supporters, to somehow satisfy their fragile egos.

You’re employed to lead, you’re employed to communicate with the supporters, you’re employed create and cultivate a united club.

Do your job properly.

Probably already been said , but Tim Williams press release reads like a leaked CEO report to his Board .
I bumped into him after our away match at Fleetwood.
He addressed me as “sir” - as if I was a supermarket customer.
He appears to have no connection or comfortable affinity with the fan base.
He's here to do a CEO job. He's not a fan, he supports Man Utd. Since his arrival he has has no regard for the ordinary fans of the club or their opinions and whom he regards as merely customers. Add to that, the Chairman lives abroad, and probably has no interest in the club or its fans other than in the nominal role he has been given. I don't recall in the 60+ years I have been a supporter of the club, having the feeling I now have that it is no longer OUR club but a corporate entity and increasingly one where there is no room for supporter input or the ability to question.
It doesn't help that our benefactors/owners are distant and whilst grateful for all they are doing financially for the Club, we don't really know them; they are rarely seen and we have no real idea of what their ultimate intentions are. Without wishing to don my rose tinted spectacles, in times past we all knew that most of the time (not always) the repository of the soul of the club was with everyone involved in it, because it mattered to everyone involved in in it from top to bottom. Now it seems it matters only to the fanbase who those running the club appear to distain. I'm now even more of that view having read the latest OxVox letter and I feel their pain.
Getting a new stadium and having the owners financial support to progress through the leagues is an exciting prospect to look forward to, but it seems as if it come at a price which I suspect many of us are uncomfortable with.

We're in a vicious circle where everytime TW or AB open their mouth they say something stubborn, stupid or arrogant which annoys the fanbase, so then they don't want to do it again. Punishing the fans for their own inability to in communicate with us. My guess is that fans forum will be a PR disaster, and then there won't be another one.

They will hold the Fans Forum on a weekday evening, probably starting at a time which will make it difficult for anyone working normal hours to get there easily and impossible for anyone living/working a distance away to attend in person. So the turnout will be low (as will the viewing figure on a shonky Zoon stream) and they will claim that people didn't really want it and that will be that.

They will hold the Fans Forum on a weekday evening, probably starting at a time which will make it difficult for anyone working normal hours to get there easily and impossible for anyone living/working a distance away to attend in person. So the turnout will be low (as will the viewing figure on a shonky Zoon stream) and they will claim that people didn't really want it and that will be that.
I'll be there

edit * assuming GF, TW & AB don't insist on handpicking those customers attending

Last edited:
Williams was one of Ed Woodward’s mob and thinks that the Glazers are and have been excellent owners of Man United who are unfairly criticised. That’s all anybody needs to know.

We desperately needed a full-time CEO figure, based at the club, to wrestle control away from the former manager. His appointment at the time was exactly what was needed in principle. Sadly he very quickly became subservient to Robinson, fiercely backed a dead horse over the entire “customer” base for months on end, and succeeded in creating a culture of Us v Them that he’s never made any attempt to fix. He’s now seemingly become subservient to another figure who he is supposed to be the boss of, and relations between management and “customers” are continuing to somehow get worse.

I thought it was weird that he chose to present James Henry’s framed shirt to him on the pitch the other week, considering he usually can’t stand being seen by anybody, but then it turned out that Bakrie was present (along with Steven Marcelino), so it made all the sense in the world. Putting on a show for the big boys. Good-o. You’re the man, Timmy. You. Are. The. Man.

If you’re going to come across as arrogant, out of touch and generally dismissive of the people at every turn, you have to be undeniably brilliant at your job. You’ve got to be good to be a cock.

The question is how long will it be before the fans start to make their feelings towards TW and AB very clear. I know we’re at a very delicate time in the clubs future so maybe now isn’t the best time to cause undue commotion, but if things keep going the way they are a time for action will surely come.

Williams was one of Ed Woodward’s mob and thinks that the Glazers are and have been excellent owners of Man United who are unfairly criticised.
Well I agree with him on that, they have been fantastic Man Utd owners. They have taken them from serial Title winners to scrapping about in mid-table for Europa Conference places whilst lining their own pockets and neglecting the squad and the stadium - what more do you want from a Man Utd owner?

Back
Top Bottom