General The Board & Senior Management

Genuinely, the only less effective Chair Man I've heard of than Grant is the poor guy rearranging deckchairs on the titanic.

That's massively kind to Grant there, he would just like a tweet about the Titanic not sinking and everything being fine before heading off to play golf.

What actually is his purpose here?

I wouldn’t get too hung up on Ferguson or Williams programme notes. They don’t write them.
This has been common knowledge for some time however, their name (and picture) is attached so makes them responsible. That said, there has been at least one article that has to have been written by the man himself. Featuring the now famous, "Match day activations" amongst other revelations, this article is, without doubt, penned by Uncle Timmy himself.

This has been common knowledge for some time however, their name (and picture) is attached so makes them responsible. That said, there has been at least one article that has to have been written by the man himself. Featuring the now famous, "Match day activations" amongst other revelations, this article is, without doubt, penned by Uncle Timmy himself.

I would be surprised if TW wrote this. Its got an Adam Benson feel to it.

Certainly wasn't Chris Williams nor, for whoever wrote it, was it well advised.
Partly because it was clearly dashed off in a very short amount of time as they were caught out by the torrent of (reasonable) criticism in the New Year.

Part of the club’s biggest faults is that they don’t listen to their critical friends.

All football clubs have their moaners and drama queens amongst the fan base (f**k me, look at this site!) but they’ve had so much gentle nudging from various sources that should make them realise their Comms and engagement approach is poor.

You’ve got a national journalist based in Oxford making the point in podcasts, many moderate fans making clear it’s not good enough, and even the local broadcast partner.

Jerome, Nathan and Nick spent a good 20-30 minutes pregame last night talking about the feeling of anxiety amongst the fanbase.

What are the chances that Benson, Williams and Ferguson bothered to a) listen to this, or b) thought about doing anything about it.

They’re leaning against an open door with every one of their ‘customers’ generally wanting them and the club to do well.

They just choose to do nothing about it and hide, thinking they’re above it all. The antithesis of a Top 30 club.

Partly because it was clearly dashed off in a very short amount of time as they were caught out by the torrent of (reasonable) criticism in the New Year.

Part of the club’s biggest faults is that they don’t listen to their critical friends.

All football clubs have their moaners and drama queens amongst the fan base (f**k me, look at this site!) but they’ve had so much gentle nudging from various sources that should make them realise their Comms and engagement approach is poor.

You’ve got a national journalist based in Oxford making the point in podcasts, many moderate fans making clear it’s not good enough, and even the local broadcast partner.

Jerome, Nathan and Nick spent a good 20-30 minutes pregame last night talking about the feeling of anxiety amongst the fanbase.

What are the chances that Benson, Williams and Ferguson bothered to a) listen to this, or b) thought about doing anything about it.

They’re leaning against an open door with every one of their ‘customers’ generally wanting them and the club to do well.

They just choose to do nothing about it and hide, thinking they’re above it all. The antithesis of a Top 30 club.
All that and more.

Part of me feels that the biggest issue is their view of football fans generally. In my view, they’re not that dissimilar to the FoSB mob in that they view us as ignorant, ill educated and, beyond revenue, of little value. When I say ‘their’, I mean Benson and Williams. It’s the only reasonable conclusion to come to when viewed in the context of their actions.

There are so many bright, articulate, expert and passionate people within our support base. It is a crime and a crying shame that they do not wish to interact and harness a resource that any other commercial organisation would kill to have at its disposal.

I've said it before, it's so easy to keep fans of a football club onside and it looks as if they just can't be bothered, or worse, don't feel it's necessary.

Well there's a few easy ways ,to let people know ,that not everyone is not happy & he's a fraud. You don't get anywhere by staying silent.....
Like hound him out?

Out of interest, does anyone have any idea how much these people, TW, GF & AB, are being paid? If the club are losing so much money they could save a pretty penny but getting rid of them, it's not as if they do anything.

Out of interest, does anybody actually know what ‘match day activation’ means yet?!

Genuine question.

Out of interest, does anybody actually know what ‘match day activation’ means yet?!

Genuine question.

I think it's meant to mean any themed events. So the #HerGameToo, the Armed Forces Day, Christmas Extravaganza! and this weeks Green Football Weekend.

It's actually good to have things that can bring different fans in and to show that we're a community club etc, but equally it's nothing really to shout about!

Genuine question.
It’s any additional ‘thing’ that engages people on a matchday.

The weird cricket truck is a MDA. The reindeer for kids to pet at Christmas is a MDA. Parking some army trucks out the front on Military Day is a MDA. Anything with a ‘theme’.

I think it's meant to mean any themed events. So the #HerGameToo, the Armed Forces Day, Christmas Extravaganza! and this weeks Green Football Weekend.

It's actually good to have things that can bring different fans in and to show that we're a community club etc, but equally it's nothing really to shout about!
They are all things that are great to raise our profile within the community but maybe they should leave out the corporate ballshit talk and just call it match day activities, maybe then people could relate to what they are trying to talk about.

Someone should tell Adam that using buzz phrases doesn’t actually mean you are any good at your job.

It’s any additional ‘thing’ that engages people on a matchday.

The weird cricket truck is a MDA. The reindeer for kids to pet at Christmas is a MDA. Parking some army trucks out the front on Military Day is a MDA. Anything with a ‘theme’.

They should get me involved, right in the thick of it. MD(m)A.

That'll activate the fuckers.

Quite intrigued by the 'weird cricket truck' concept tbf.

They should get me involved, right in the thick of it. MD(m)A.

That'll activate the fuckers.

Quite intrigued by the 'weird cricket truck' concept tbf.
They had it at the fence end before Christmas. I think it had a Santa on the side of it or something and that apparently meant it was festive. I was really confused by it all.

Some cheese, mulled wine and hard drugs would’ve been far more activating. It would’ve activated the a**e off the people. It gets the people going.

Back
Top Bottom