General The Board & Senior Management

We're in a vicious circle where everytime TW or AB open their mouth they say something stubborn, stupid or arrogant which annoys the fanbase, so then they don't want to do it again. Punishing the fans for their own inability to in communicate with us. My guess is that fans forum will be a PR disaster, and then there won't be another one.

A situation that has come to pass, as a result of their inability to communicate and lead in an effective manner.

The question is how long will it be before the fans start to make their feelings towards TW and AB very clear. I know we’re at a very delicate time in the clubs future so maybe now isn’t the best time to cause undue commotion, but if things keep going the way they are a time for action will surely come.
The club have just funded some expensive and exciting signings and are planning a new ground, isn't that going to be more important to most fans than the CEO's PR (rightly or wrongly)?

I’m not sure that lack the ability to communicate, more that they see no value in communicating with us.

That’s not true, is it?

We had that ridiculous video from Williams on the pre-season trip where he told us everything was going to be ok and lessons had been learnt from last season under KR. Remember the one where he was decked out in the training gear? It was as if he’d just been ‘on the grass’ taking training. Bizarre from your CEO.

We then had Chris Williams update in January which had TW’s signature on it. You know the one where we were told of the record retail sales and Chris Hackett’s promotion was hidden about 5 paragraphs down the article.

Oh, we’ve also been advised of the new Fans advisory Board which is pending.

TW has communicated. In fact he has communicated very badly.

That’s not true, is it?

We had that ridiculous video from Williams on the pre-season trip where he told us everything was going to be ok and lessons had been learnt from last season under KR. Remember the one where he was decked out in the training gear? It was as if he’d just been ‘on the grass’ taking training. Bizarre from your CEO.

We then had Chris Williams update in January which had TW’s signature on it. You know the one where we were told of the record retail sales and Chris Hackett’s promotion was hidden about 5 paragraphs down the article.

Oh, we’ve also been advised of the new Fans advisory Board which is pending.

TW has communicated. In fact he has communicated very badly.

The crime of being a poor communicator is far less serious than being unwilling to communicate in a position where it is a clear requirement.

But yes, he’s not very good at it.

The question is how long will it be before the fans start to make their feelings towards TW and AB very clear. I know we’re at a very delicate time in the clubs future so maybe now isn’t the best time to cause undue commotion, but if things keep going the way they are a time for action will surely come.
If tomorrow doesn't go well on the pitch it will be interesting to see whether the fingers are pointed at the dugout or the director's box

I'll be there

edit * assuming GF, TW & AB don't insist on handpicking those customers attending
So will I and let’s hope the Oxford Fail are barred or maybe you and I @Sarge could make a joint representation before the forum kicks of that those tossers shouldn’t be in the room. 👍

The owners have just financed some more expensive signings, the team are handily placed in the play off positions and there is the expectation of a bright new shiny stadium. I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of 'customers' are satisfied with that and know they can't do anything about any of it anyway. But the same what, a dozen? people keep going round and round in circles on a daily basis demanding a forum knowing they won't go even when there is one! (Tin hat on!)

The owners have just financed some more expensive signings, the team are handily placed in the play off positions and there is the expectation of a bright new shiny stadium. I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of 'customers' are satisfied with that and know they can't do anything about any of it anyway. But the same what, a dozen? people keep going round and round in circles on a daily basis demanding a forum knowing they won't go even when there is one! (Tin hat on!)
I'll be going

The owners representatives are treating supporters , or as they see us customers ,with utter contempt. The owners representatives treat supporters groups OxVox and OUSP with at best distain , the owners representatives have lied to their customers - PROMISING better communication ( at the shareholders AGM last summer), yet have not delivered. You may be happy with the owners representatives and they way they conduct themselves , especially towards us customers , I most definitely am not

AND the owners representatives promised a Fans Forum BEFORE the end of last season, here we are over halfway through this season- with the summer break in between, yet still no Fans Forum - we are having the P**s taken out of us IMO, by the owners representatives and their lackeys

FYI the last open Fans Forum was held ( at very short notice) on a cold winter night at a hotel in Iffley, when KR was still firmly at the helm of team (and other) matters

Last edited:
I'll be there

edit * assuming GF, TW & AB don't insist on handpicking those customers attending

You can bet they’ll try to hand pick the questions in advance!

The whole event will be totally on their terms, even though it’s meant be a fans forum.

There's a big difference between the owners and the CEO/Chairman.

You can bet they’ll try to hand pick the questions in advance!

The whole event will be totally on their terms, even though it’s meant be a fans forum.
theyll task their blocking stooge Benson with filtering questions in advance I'd guess, if that's the route they opt for - which is the opposite of what a FF should be about

I was one of the fans invited to that infamous Friday meeting along with @bazzer9461 @Horse and @Manorlounger amongst others after I had e mailed the club stating my concerns about the future of the club.

Tim Williams came across full of his self importance, arrogant and smug. However I don’t think he was ready for the barrage of questions, not only about KR and the stadium ,but communication in general and of course us being referred to as customers.
His only excuse was that he hadn’t been in the job that long but we would see changes and things would improve. He didn’t take any notes.
The other person in the room ( before KR came in unannounced) was Niall Mc Williams who came across as genuine and sincere and I feel should be the CEO.I think Tim Williams decided there and then that communication with the fans face to face will be a non starter.

Since that meeting I have e mailed Mr Williams three times and not once have I had the courtesy of a reply.

I think this tells us everything we need to know. He wants us to buy ST’s ,encourage others to come to games and buy from the club shop.
He doesn’t want our opinions, he wants our money, and I bet that all those suggestions we sent in about the stadium will be binned and it will end up exactly as it is now.

theyll task their blocking stooge Benson with filtering questions in advance I'd guess, if that's the route they opt for - which is the opposite of what a FF should be about
Agreed, but if some questions not tabled in advance, you inevitably end up with a free for all/ shouting match and the outcome is frustration for all .( see the Swindon FF meeting video previously posted )
Equally important is a decent PA system and a strong chair to ensure all questions are through(?) a microphone .

I was one of the fans invited to that infamous Friday meeting along with @bazzer9461 @Horse and @Manorlounger amongst others after I had e mailed the club stating my concerns about the future of the club.

Tim Williams came across full of his self importance, arrogant and smug. However I don’t think he was ready for the barrage of questions, not only about KR and the stadium ,but communication in general and of course us being referred to as customers.
His only excuse was that he hadn’t been in the job that long but we would see changes and things would improve. He didn’t take any notes.
The other person in the room ( before KR came in unannounced) was Niall Mc Williams who came across as genuine and sincere and I feel should be the CEO.I think Tim Williams decided there and then that communication with the fans face to face will be a non starter.

Since that meeting I have e mailed Mr Williams three times and not once have I had the courtesy of a reply.

I think this tells us everything we need to know. He wants us to buy ST’s ,encourage others to come to games and buy from the club shop.
He doesn’t want our opinions, he wants our money, and I bet that all those suggestions we sent in about the stadium will be binned and it will end up exactly as it is now.
I can concur that the events described happened. We were lined up for the tour of the training facilities, meet the players, see the managers office (and team selection for the following day) as the usual soft sell and impress the yokels. (@RyanioBirdio warned me at the time about the treatment) Unfortunately for Uncle Timmy, more than a few of us had a few hard hitting questions that we wanted answering and that, along with me losing it somewhat with that clown KR, probably sealed the deal for Uncle Timmy. He would never make that mistake again!

Now, we are customers. He does not need to interact with us. Match day activations are for us oiks. A scarf and a key fob should satisfy. Just wait, next season it will be a string of beads and a flag to wave (if we are lucky)

I have to ask, why is he known as ‘Uncle Timmy’?

Seemingly, there’s nothing remotely avuncular about him.

I have to ask, why is he known as ‘Uncle Timmy’?

Seemingly, there’s nothing remotely avuncular about him.
Because he's condescending like he knows better, as an adult would be toward a small child

Back
Top Bottom