General The Board & Senior Management

Director of football is required, scouting & coaching staff need to taken to the next level.

They need to be the focus on the questions rather than a throw away comment that can easily be batted away.

Equally, rather than asking whether they still think that we are customers, I'd hope that there are more specific questions regarding fan engagement etc.

Yes I hope they do a proper sound test this time round.
Sound test, with mics on the table (not mounted on a camera 10 meters away). Perhaps they should get some professional help here, rather than rely on the club's media team, who took a lot of flack last time at Iffley. I guess you could say this fans forum will demonstrate how 'Top 30' our executives really are.

Much hunch is the planning will have just gone in. Thus, questions will naturally be more stadium-related and possibly take the heat off TW and GF.

I think the main areas of questions should be the following:

Planning for the new stadium
Plan B if project is delayed
Lack of communication
The new CAB group
What is the actual on field ambition for the club short term

I hope people don’t waste time asking questions about pigeon poo, why we didn’t sign another striker, why don’t we have under soil heating, does Des own a budgie.
100% this. Let's not get too bogged down with odd niggly comments, has to be nuts and bolts questions and answers (and not letting Pinky and Perky off the hook if they start smarming their way around). Hard but fair!

Sound test, with mics on the table (not mounted on a camera 10 meters away). Perhaps they should get some professional help here, rather than rely on the club's media team, who took a lot of flack last time at Iffley. I guess you could say this fans forum will demonstrate how 'Top 30' our executives really are.

Much hunch is the planning will have just gone in. Thus, questions will naturally be more stadium-related and possibly take the heat off TW and GF.
Hate to say it but, the stadium set up should, if they are in any way professional, have all the equipment needed. Stadco operate as a conference venue and therefore should have all the right stuff to hand.
If it is left to the club, and I say this with the greatest respect to the media department (Chris Williams) then it will fall short.

100% this. Let's not get too bogged down with odd niggly comments, has to be nuts and bolts questions and answers (and not letting Pinky and Perky off the hook if they start smarming their way around). Hard but fair!
Your last point is key. We can’t let them try and fob us off with their fancy phrases and some PR ballshit.

They have treated us like lemmings long enough and they read the room very wrong when they came into the club.

It’s not on the poster that was posted on here but OxVox have stated Adam Benson will be there too.

Your last point is key. We can’t let them try and fob us off with their fancy phrases and some PR ballshit.

They have treated us like lemmings long enough and they read the room very wrong when they came into the club.

It’s not on the poster that was posted on here but OxVox have stated Adam Benson will be there too.

Is there anything Ferguson and Williams can say that'll get people onside and supporting them?

Feels like bridges have been burnt from some fans point of view and an angry mob will be turning up with pitchforks and closed minds.

I've seen people moaning about the time and its not giving enough tim after work. The club can do no right in zone peoples eyes, if it was a 7pm start people would moan its too late.
What folk have to realise is that, no matter what we may think of them, they have probably already put in a days work by the time this forum starts.
Yes, it goes with the job that some hours are going to be unsocial but, let's all have a little understanding.
We can't all spend the whole day on the golf course or recording 5 minute spots for social media blogs.

Hate to say it but, the stadium set up should, if they are in any way professional, have all the equipment needed. Stadco operate as a conference venue and therefore should have all the right stuff to hand.
If it is left to the club, and I say this with the greatest respect to the media department (Chris Williams) then it will fall short.

Professional audio has been something that OUSP (and I'm sure OxVox too) have been pushing for and we're just waiting for confirmation but it should be much better than we have previously seen.

Is there anything Ferguson and Williams can say that'll get people onside and supporting them?

Feels like bridges have been burnt from some fans point of view and an angry mob will be turning up with pitchforks and closed minds.
Admit they have made mistakes, accept that the way they have communicated (or not as the case is) with the fan base could have been better, referring to the supporters as customers was a very bad error of judgement, show fans that there is a clear plan off and on the field, they will work with the supporters groups rather than just try and dismiss them, and finally, actually back their words up with actions.

What folk have to realise is that, no matter what we may think of them, they have probably already put in a days work by the time this forum starts.
Yes, it goes with the job that some hours are going to be unsocial but, let's all have a little understanding.
We can't all spend the whole day on the golf course or recording 5 minute spots for social media blogs.

You're right, but I guess the point is that you can't always arrange something the meets everyone's needs. A months notice, early evening, and midweek at the stadium are about the best that we could do to give as many people as possible the chance to attend.

I would hope that having the opportunity to send in questions in advance to either/both OxVox and OUSP will also give exiles or those unable to attend to also get involved.

I'd hope that no one turns up with a closed mind, and I include the board in this.

I welcome the long awaited, much delayed, promised fans forum.

The cynic in me says that would be no fans forum unless there was positive news about the stadium.

So I’m pleased it’s finally happening, because the stadium is everything as far as the survival our football club is concerned.

I plan to be there and I appreciate that this time the supporters have been given more than 4 days notice.

I think the main areas of questions should be the following:

Planning for the new stadium
Plan B if project is delayed
Lack of communication
The new CAB group
What is the actual on field ambition for the club short term

I hope people don’t waste time asking questions about pigeon poo, why we didn’t sign another striker, why don’t we have under soil heating, does Des own a budgie.

I’d add the following:

Appointment of an Assistant Manager
Communication re. promotion of Chris Hackett
Explanation for what was meant by ‘overcommunication’

In my view the planning permission must be due in this week or next or it’s been put it and they are waiting to announce it. No way they will of agreed to this without that being that case

You're right, but I guess the point is that you can't always arrange something the meets everyone's needs. A months notice, early evening, and midweek at the stadium are about the best that we could do to give as many people as possible the chance to attend.

I would hope that having the opportunity to send in questions in advance to either/both OxVox and OUSP will also give exiles or those unable to attend to also get involved.
The first question should be why has it taken so long for them to deliver on their word?

The first question should be why has it taken so long for them to deliver on their word?
Understood and unacceptable.
But that was then and this is now.
Let’s just make it a good event with pertinent questions, probing and challenging as necessary, but always polite .

Understood and unacceptable.
But that was then and this is now.
Let’s just make it a good event with pertinent questions, probing and challenging as necessary, but always polite .
With so short a time for questions (one and a half hours) I suspect that much will depend on the answers to the initial questions. That the board have been so reticent in holding a Fans Forum at all, it could be that we get a pre-determined response and a very corporate whitewash.
So much has, or has not, happened in recent times that to get any clarity will be a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom