Sport T20 World Cup

Leysboy

Just watched Namibia best Sri Lanka. I didn’t expect that. That’s the good thing about T20 cricket, anyone can win on the day.

It was a good performance by the Africans.

When you see that Chris Silverwood is SL’s coach, you can understand why …*

There seems to be five World Cups running at the moment so I almost forgot the T20 cup was starting.

(*Being churlish. He did win the Asia Cup with them a few weeks back.)

When you see that Chris Silverwood is SL’s coach, you can understand why …*

There seems to be five World Cups running at the moment so I almost forgot the T20 cup was starting.

(*Being churlish. He did win the Asia Cup with them a few weeks back.)
They won the Asia cup not long ago.

Now lose to Namibia, crazy! But T20 cricket is wide open.

It’s quite unbelievable, these two groups are definitely doable so if Sri Lanka, and West Indies don’t qualify from them. It’s a real blow for them!
Two through so I can't see either of them missing out. Bit of pressure now though.

Two through so I can't see either of them missing out. Bit of pressure now though.

I don't know......Zimbabwe are not totally incompetent at the moment (they took a game off the Aussies recently). They've got a few reasonably capable batsmen, and if a couple of those fire (which is all you need in t20) then the Windies could be in trouble.

Find it harder to see Sri Lanka missing out against the Dutch and the UAE........

1666336772192.png

Ireland smash the West Indies by 9 wickets to qualify for the Super 12s and knock out the Windies.

WI are out then.
That is awful for them. In some lean years in the Tests, at least the WIs have been a decent white ball team.

Scotland doing ok against Zimbabwe at the moment. Pressure on the Africans.

West Indies going out is a bit of a surprise, and it’s sad how as a cricketing nation they’ve gone backwards.

Can't see Zimbabwe losing from here, Scotland need to break the current partnership really quickly to have a chance.

So that’s it then the jocks are out.

Group 1
England
Australia
New Zealand
Afghanistan
Sri Lanka
Ireland

Group 2
India
Pakistan
Bangladesh
South Africa
Netherlands
Zimbabwe

Should be an entertaining T20 World Cup.

Sam Curran 5-10. First time an English man has a five for in T20s
Afghanistan all out 112.

Not the biggest cricket fan but watched today’s game, that is a weird way to decide a sporting contest.

Not the biggest cricket fan but watched today’s game, that is a weird way to decide a sporting contest.

Duckworth Lewis has been around for along time. It either goes your way or it doesn’t.

England have been very poor today with the ball at times, and the batting was simply not good enough.

Duckworth Lewis has been around for along time. It either goes your way or it doesn’t.

England have been very poor today with the ball at times, and the batting was simply not good enough.

That game was still very winnable for England.

The pitch was a bit big for Brook and Malan though, they don’t look like they are going to be heavy scorers in the huge Aussie grounds.

Back
Top Bottom