Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Positive Bus was a tough sell last season, but I was expecting more up take this season! Top of the league, playing exciting football with the vast majority of players 26 years old or younger. 10 signings, 2 with extended contracts, Tyler getting his first international call up, Donks looking like an absolute beast, Negru has aged 10 years over the summer! (And I'm not including all the work being done to secure our future home in North Oxford!)

And yet, somehow, the usual suspect and his miserable mate are desperately digging through the diamonds to find the s**t!

We've got 24 hours to get maybe one, maybe two players in with a focused recruitment team, cash in our pocket and one hell of a product to sell those looking to come in.

What's not to like?

I would be very happy with Edwards. You can never have too many good players. Blimey, after last years recruitment I thought this would be obvious. A stronger squad, more match winners on the pitch or off the bench. We also have 2 young forward players who may return in jan, who knows. My gut feeling is we will still be keeping an eye out for a striker also. If we do get 1, odonkor may end up at city with an immediate return if ever required

The Positive Bus was a tough sell last season, but I was expecting more up take this season! Top of the league, playing exciting football with the vast majority of players 26 years old or younger. 10 signings, 2 with extended contracts, Tyler getting his first international call up, Donks looking like an absolute beast, Negru has aged 10 years over the summer! (And I'm not including all the work being done to secure our future home in North Oxford!)

And yet, somehow, the usual suspect and his miserable mate are desperately digging through the diamonds to find the s**t!

We've got 24 hours to get maybe one, maybe two players in with a focused recruitment team, cash in our pocket and one hell of a product to sell those looking to come in.

What's not to like?
Am I "the usual suspect" or his "miserable mate" please?

I've actually been very positive about our dealings and position.

There's lots to be happy about.

Our depth up front isn't one of them.
We can all see that an extra forward would be beneficial.
Going on about other clubs buying players and our mythical £400,000 to spend just is embarrassing when we have made astute signings for free .
Getting the right player in I'm trusting LM and the team not trying to decry them as you appear to be doing.
One transfer window has been a revelation and would prefer the right player/ price rather than signing for signings sake .
Anyway shouldn't Tyler be on loan at Brackley or somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom