Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an illustration.

We're bigger in any circumstances. We're bigger now.

The hypothetical scenario was simply presented to make it easier for those without the cognitive ability to see past what division a club is currently in or how shiny their stadium is.

Some still don't see it, which is fine. They can continue to be grateful for even competing in the same division as Peterborough, Blackpool and Wigan.

After all, at least it's not St Albans or Grays, eh?
Bit sneery there. I’d say a good measure of how big a club is would be the number of people who check the club’s scores and follow them even though they don’t attend. I’d put us at a similar size to Blackpool and probably bigger than Wigan, but maybe below Charlton. Attendances during adversity is another good one.

I can't deny we have had an excellent window. A Marriott type seals the deal and gets us up.
Certainly one more body, that’s for sure. We don’t want any regrets and I think we might have some if we don’t get one or two more done. I’m just not totally convinced Marriott or any other striker is the answer to the gap we have. In an ideal world, Murphy pulls his finger out and we get a striker, yes. But that ship has long sailed.

Can’t Perkins play on the left?
I think he’s considered versatile. My only doubt is that he’s left footed. Doesn’t hold much weight but just feel we need someone who can cut in and hit the target with some consistency. Something we lack.

"Do you want to sign a proven League 1 striker to bolster your promotion push or go in til Jan with 3 strikers with a total of less than ten senior goals? " "Yes please" "miserable sod"
Maybe the "miserable sod" bit was because you proclaim the season would be over if there was one injury.
If you didn't lace your opinions with doom mongering all the time it might help change people thinking you're a troll.

"Do you want to sign a proven League 1 striker to bolster your promotion push or go in til Jan with 3 strikers with a total of less than ten senior goals? " "Yes please" "miserable sod"
But nobody has said otherwise? You aren’t arguing with anyone on the other side?

So am I correct in thinking I've just read 3 pages of waffle about whether or not we should sign another player that on Saturday Manning has already said we are targeting. The discussion should be who not yes or no. Does anyone have any ideas,.

Maybe the "miserable sod" bit was because you proclaim the season would be over if there was one injury.
If you didn't lace your opinions with doom mongering all the time it might help change people thinking you're a troll.
Remember when Baldock got injured and our promotion challenge died on its a**e?

Let's not leave it to chance.

Certainly one more body, that’s for sure. We don’t want any regrets and I think we might have some if we don’t get one or two more done. I’m just not totally convinced Marriott or any other striker is the answer to the gap we have. In an ideal world, Murphy pulls his finger out and we get a striker, yes. But that ship has long sailed.
I just wish this guy (bad Apple) was out of our club to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom