Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by mannings comments he is waiting for prem youngsters to return from touring with their parent clubs. Might be 2 of these to come

Going by mannings comments he is waiting for prem youngsters to return from touring with their parent clubs. Might be 2 of these to come
Maybe we are after someone like Burstow, who has travelled with Chelsea to America, or players from West Ham who are returning from Perth.

So u replace brown with a new left back but then ur gonna concede more goals so either way it doesn’t make u any better
Got a few pages ahead so somebody may have already answered this for me but why does a full back have to be one extreme or the other? Why can't we just have balanced full backs that can do both like most successful sides or a balanced combination such as Newcastle's?

I personally don't think you can have Brown and Long on the same pitch. We are flat, one dimensional and a breeze to play against. If I had it all my own way, Brown would make a back 3 and we'd go to wing backs. but if it has to be a 4, I think you need a lot more than they offer us currently and I didn't need last night's game to show me that. It's been obvious for months.

Sorry if already mentioned. Ethan Ampadu signs for Leeds United from Chelsea, £7m.

He signed for Chelsea as a 17 year old from Exeter City who had a 20% profit clause, BBC reports they have earned £1.6m from todays transfer.

Will certainly help them for the rest of the transfer window

Sorry if already mentioned. Ethan Ampadu signs for Leeds United from Chelsea, £7m.

He signed for Chelsea as a 17 year old from Exeter City who had a 20% profit clause, BBC reports they have earned £1.6m from todays transfer.

Will certainly help them for the rest of the transfer window
Also means the earlier 'rumours' of Nombe coming to us are even less likely.

Got a few pages ahead so somebody may have already answered this for me but why does a full back have to be one extreme or the other? Why can't we just have balanced full backs that can do both like most successful sides or a balanced combination such as Newcastle's?

I personally don't think you can have Brown and Long on the same pitch. We are flat, one dimensional and a breeze to play against. If I had it all my own way, Brown would make a back 3 and we'd go to wing backs. but if it has to be a 4, I think you need a lot more than they offer us currently and I didn't need last night's game to show me that. It's been obvious for months.
So would you leave Thornley out?

I think you're forgetting that he isn't really proven in the Championship yet, never mind the PL. I'd agree that a Championship loan looks the most obvious but he's hardly coming to a kick and rush lower league club. Never say never.
Kick and Rush lower league club, wouldnt be us then, certainly wouldnt be interested in Wycombe or The Gas

So would you leave Thornley out?
No not necessarily but I appreciate the combination of left/right footers looks awkward so it would need navigating. That might mean one of them is on the bench to begin with and they do battle for that spot. Is that so bad? This is the kind of competition that exists in the sides that get out of this division but looking here anyone would think it's animal cruelty to leave someone out.

I feel like I've taken something after watching that.

I think the stilted delivery of the new signing makes this all the more incongruous.

Presumably there's some kind of link to the Teletubbies, rather than it being completely random?
Have a piece of cheese.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom