Transfer News Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with cats is you never know what they get up to when they go out so i feel you have been a bit hasty to completely discount it.

Pretty sure I know what the cat out the back is going to be doing, planning and trying to achieve shitting in my garden. :(

Last edited:
I was only talking in terms of money spent rather than who we were spending it on.

I think JCH is the better player but Marriott would likely fit into the Manning model better.
Also o think JCH would be double in a transfer fee

I've been as proactive as them in trying to stop it and am probably as in a desperate position trying to do so.

Give up. It’s a losing battle.

Whether it be OUFC supporters or Perkins the Cat you can’t win.

They’ll crap where they want to.

I personally am worried about spending big money on Marriott for these reasons ,
1, no resale value
2, Would mean Harris dropped , a player that has been integral to our great start let alone his goals return ...could shatter his confidence and no guarantee that Marriot would fit in.
3, Marriot a good return last season ( although only scored in 3 or 4 matches .
I personally would prefer us to get a up and coming talent or go the extra 250,000 or so and get JCH from Peterboro.
Think you would be looking at least another 500k

I know someone mentioned FGR as a potential destination but I wonder if Wrexham could be interested, I just question whether he's League 2 standard currently.
Wouldn’t shock me if it was a Conference loan. Can still happen after the window closes that way, as well as allowing us to recall him at short notice.

Sonny, yesterday my life was filled with rain
Sonny, you scored and really eased the pain
The dark days are gone
And the bright days are here
Sonny will take us to the second tier
Sonny, yellow and blue, I love youuuuuu

That's Musical Youth (Pass to Greg Leigh on the Left Hand Side) and Boney M now in the locker, wonder what Marriott and Longman can bring...
Marriot will bring All or Nothing

Bit of Bowie?

There's a Loooongmaaaaan steaming down the right
He'd like to come and meet us
But he thinks he'd blow our minds
There's a Looooongmaaaaaan steaming down the right
Nobody can catch him
Cause he runs as fast as sh*te
He told me
He'll make defenders lose it
He'll make the goalie lose it
While all the Oxford boogie...

On my own then.
Thats pretty good mate but we can't even sing yellow submarine in suitable time or volume....

If Perkins, Longman and Marriott all came in, out on loan I would imagine. Murphy would be joining Yanic on the road to Literally Anywhere Else in that scenario.

Quite the summer rebuild when you write it all down as it stands:

McGinty (Loan TBC) ➡️ Beadle
Anderson ➡️ Stevens
Fleming ➡️ Leigh
Findlay ➡️ Thorniley
Gorrin ➡️ McEachran
Bate ➡️ Woltman
Wildschut ➡️ Mills
Joseph ➡️ Rodrigues
Smith ➡️ Harris
Baldock ➡️ Perkins

EDIT: Konate ➡️ ???
What a great, balanced bunch of signings. If we can get Perkins over the line also the best window for Nick Harris since about 1938

I went to school with a kid (nice lad, very sensible) who, when we are all starting to drink (underage) in pubs - turned down the opportunity to join us.

He wanted to 'wait his turn' (turn 18). As if strictly adhering to some arbitrary drinking age (routinely ignored the country over) was the morally right thing to do. He felt he hadn't earnt it yet. That it wasn't his time. He was content to watch on as his peers enjoyed themselves, doing something he wanted to do but wouldn't allow himself to.

Maybe next year.

That kid often pops into my head when reading this forum.
Interesting.

I had a similar experience, except this guy came with us, ordered 14 pints for himself and chased each one with with a double whiskey. The one round cost him over £100 and he drank it all in an hour. He was sick everywhere, passed out and never wanted to go in a pub again. But he took his chance I guess, regardless of the consequences.

I think all the points raised about sustainability and Marriott are entirely accurate but they do sort of miss that the horse has bolted.

According to our latest accounts, we owe our owners £20m. Our last two financial years for which results are available show a cumulative loss of about £8m.

If their money is pulled out, and not replaced, we are already fucked.

Should have pushed to keep that wage cap eh.
If their money is pulled out of course we would be fucked. But so would they be as to the money they’ve already spent. And not just on players but also the training ground and the new stadium, which although not yet a fact, the owners will have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds already.
This is no short term arrangement. Our owners are as rich as it gets and they believe in the project that is OUFC.
Now’s the time to enjoy the ride.

Give up. It’s a losing battle.

Whether it be OUFC supporters or Perkins the Cat you can’t win.

They’ll crap where they want to.

Got to keep going as the little git also tries to hunt the birds. I'm getting to the point that the 'gifts' may be returned to the cat's owners via their garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom