General Stadium Catering

On the plastic bottle issues and I’m guessing and speculating.

The festivals that have gone ahead over the last few weeks. Have they been plastic or glass?

Will your plastic issue be resolved anytime soon?

Reading festival is coming up and I don’t imagine them serving bottle pint glass which obviously takes time and money lost.
Festivals I’ve been too are normally draught lager

I appreciate there has been challenges, but the food in the NS was terrible Saturday, The cheeseburgers aren’t great at the best of times, but my one was stone cold all the way through and so was the blokes in front of me, I should have took it back really but I just wanted some food as hadn’t eaten anything so couldn’t be arsed. Later on I got a homity pie and it was so overdone and burnt on the top it just wasn’t pleasant. Normally I love the homity pies as well so hopefully just a one off. I also had a curry pie which tbf was lovely(I know, I’m greedy). And I bought two drinks, so spent the best part £17-18. That’s a lot of money to spend on food that is burnt or cold.

Would be helpful if the price increases were displayed at the top too rather than just on the posters too the side, it held up the queue whilst some people(not me) were complaining about being charged differently to the prices on the board.

Just some feedback for you, and last thing, the staff serving were excellent, friendly with a smile on there face the whole time, and the new cashless screens worked well each time and are a good addition.

The cheeseburgers aren’t great at the best of times, but my one was stone cold all the way through and so was the blokes in front of me, I should have took it back really but I just wanted some food as hadn’t eaten anything so couldn’t be arsed. Later on I got a homity pie and it was so overdone and burnt on the top it just wasn’t pleasant. Normally I love the homity pies as well so hopefully just a one off. I also had a curry pie
A friend was asking 'who ate all the pies?'. I'll let them know. 😉

Perm 2 from 3.......

Because football fans are thugs who will launch cans at each other/players etc. :)

The purpose of the plastic cup is to create more Global Warming.

You fancy swigging out of a can handled by someone who has to use the same "facilities" as us?
It’s obvious really glass can cause severe damage if thrown or used in anger.
Plastic used for years at gigs etc

There’s an old expression:
“ make hay whilst the sun shines “ or you have a captive audience for a limited, but predetermined time , so cash in .
Very few clubs at our level seem to understand this very simple business mantra.
@Farrscatering are unfortunately, no different.

Last edited:
Is the exciting news that the club have joined in partnership with the caterers and are getting more cut of sales? And a wider ranger with possible draught lager?

Why do you keep pushing this rubbish? There is hand-wash facilities in the catering areas at the stadium.

Are they as well kept, functioning, and used or just for show?

I`m glad you think the facilities are up to standard, I suppose it must be like being at work for you.

I`ll keep pushing until we get treated like human beings thanks.

Do the hand washing basins in the catering areas of the stadium have hot water?

Do they have soap?

Do they have hand towels to dry their hands?

If yes to all three, they are doing them the paying supporter!!!

Again; if so, is the is down to Farrs, fair play if it is and I wouldn’t blame them if they had to provide this themselves or is it something the stadium company provide?

@Farrscatering if I may comment on one thing, we had tea from the SSU outlet and it wasn't the best taste ever. I suspect that the water used was not just water but cross contaminated by whatever else was being dispensed from the machine. Seems a shame to waste good tea bags with tainted water. What is wrong with having a dedicated hot water supply?

Are they as well kept, functioning, and used or just for show?

I`m glad you think the facilities are up to standard, I suppose it must be like being at work for you.

I`ll keep pushing until we get treated like human beings thanks.

There is more honesty and integrity from those I work with than you.

Why do you constantly repeat the same lie that there are no hand washing facilities for those providing food in the stadium?

Why would you lie about a small family catering firm putting their entire business at risk by not using these facilities?

Why do you constantly repeat the same lie that there are no hand washing facilities for those providing food in the stadium?

Why would you lie about a small family catering firm putting their entire business at risk by not using these facilities?
Given that Farr's are the very same company sub-contracted to carry out the stadium cleaning, I would have thought the point being made was very valid.
It also begs the question, if the catering outlets are fully kitted out with hand washing facilities with hot water, soap and hand drying facility, why isn't the rest of the stadium?

Given that Farr's are the very same company sub-contracted to carry out the stadium cleaning, I would have thought the point being made was very valid.
It also begs the question, if the catering outlets are fully kitted out with hand washing facilities with hot water, soap and hand drying facility, why isn't the rest of the stadium?

There you go.

Just because my views are different from yours and less rose-tinted does not give you the right to question my honesty & integrity.

Farrs have a 5 star hygiene rating, from Swindon Borough Council.
As I`ve been out of the catering game for many years I`m pretty sure the rating only applies to their primary site for mobile caterers, although that may be different now.

There is no record on the FSA website of the Kassam site being separately inspected or rated.

Facts not speculation.

There you go.

Just because my views are different from yours and less rose-tinted does not give you the right to question my honesty & integrity.

As I`ve been out of the catering game for many years I`m pretty sure the rating only applies to their primary site for mobile caterers, although that may be different now.

There is no record on the FSA website of the Kassam site being separately inspected or rated.

Facts not speculation.

There is washing facilities in all the food service areas, with hot water, soap etc! It's a very basic requirement of them being allowed to operate. There is no speculation, THEY are the facts.

And yet you continually lie to say the opposite. You have absolutely no integrity and it's embarrassing that you wish to tarnish the reputation of a family run firm for a wider dig at the stadium.

There is washing facilities in all the food service areas, with hot water, soap etc! It's a very basic requirement of them being allowed to operate. There is no speculation, THEY are the facts.

And yet you continually lie to say the opposite. You have absolutely no integrity and it's embarrassing that you wish to tarnish the reputation of a family run firm for a wider dig at the stadium.

Are they inspected & rated by OCC?
Do they use said facilities ?
This is the same company that was "doing the cleaning"?
And ensuring basic essentials were in the toilets?
We`ll see what comes out when the Club, StadCo and the service provider blame each other for the insanitary conditions.

Are they inspected & rated by OCC?
Do they use said facilities ?
This is the same company that was "doing the cleaning"?
And ensuring basic essentials were in the toilets?
We`ll see what comes out when the Club, StadCo and the service provider blame each other for the insanitary conditions.

When was the last time you went to a game at the Kassam stadium please ? Just to add some context.

There you go.

Facts not speculation.
Not facts at all.
Oxford Utd Food kiosks have a 5* rating, you didn't look hard enough.
You need to be cautious before potentially libelling a business.
https://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/952047/Oxford-United-Football-Club-Kiosks-Oxford

No libel involved.
The kiosks and their operators appear to be two separately rated businesses.
You claimed "There is no record on the FSA website of the Kassam site being separately inspected or rated."
There is a clear record of both the stadium and the kiosks being separately inspected and rated.

Back
Top Bottom