Something for the new stadium?

TravellingOx

It'd be great to have something like this, if we ever get a new stadium, in addition to the current bronze.
An appropriate edifice for the stadium's approach road, perhaps.

301948643_10228846073558556_3057541785834789748_n.jpg301960042_10228846073638558_4284015640986048073_n.jpg

It'd be great to have something like this, if we ever get a new stadium, in addition to the current bronze.
An appropriate edifice for the stadium's approach road, perhaps.

View attachment 10076View attachment 10077
Like it. OUFC are pleased to announce the signing of Big Scary Ox Robot Thing, signed from Birmingham City Council on a 5 year deal!

If the new ground appears, we have to install an Ox's Head strapped to a huge floodlight which is beamed into the sky a la Batman to call the fans to the stadium.

This is not a nice to have, it is essential.

@Colin B - over to you.

I'd also like to see an Ox's Head attached to the roof of the main home end that has smoke pouring from its nostrils and which lights up when we score - too much??

Your collective humour has brightened me up considerably (currently coming off horrendous mind-bending medication 🤯 ) - thank you.

(Wallop - how about, in addition, we only sell beef, no other meats in the refreshment areas of the new place? That is, apart from when we play the scum and then we serve roast robin ...)

Just popped into my head - a steel Ox could actually get a bit of traction (pun-unintended), if BMW could be persuaded to be interested in helping out. Kind of fitting with our city's history of working with metal, from Morris to the present day. A thing made out of car parts and girders.

Many people associate Oxford solely with the university - it'd be good to show visitors it's always been an industrial city (as well as an agricultural county).

And for us locals ....

A little bit of United's Cowley past in Kidlington

(edit - the nose ring should be yellow and blue and have 'The Manor/ stenciled on it)

A slope on the pitch, downwards towards the 'home' end.

I had edited my original 'Headington-esque' bit out, but damn.. you are right!

Before the start of each match, we set a life-sized, wheeled Ox model 'spirit level' rolling down from the away end - just to spook the opposition.

If the new ground appears, we have to install an Ox's Head strapped to a huge floodlight which is beamed into the sky a la Batman to call the fans to the stadium.

This is not a nice to have, it is essential.

@Colin B - over to you.

I'd also like to see an Ox's Head attached to the roof of the main home end that has smoke pouring from its nostrils and which lights up when we score - too much??
As someone who spent most of my career in lighting, you're definitely talking to the right man!

No need for large Ox heads to be strapped to floodlights in the modern era. A simple high output projector, complete with a gobo, is all that is required. Probable cost about £3,000 for a really good one, and can be mounted at ground level. A gobo is a small metal disc that has an image laser cut into it, which the light passes through, thereby projecting the image into the distance, although you normally do it onto a hard surface like the side of a building. The disc is installed into a special holder in the projector and can be interchangeable, so you can have various different images for different occasions.

It's all in hand!

And now I will announce that I am not going to look here until about 5pm UK. Off for a fun afternoon playing bridge.
Now be good boys and girls while I'm gone. No swearing and no death threats, at anyone.
ps I hope I can keep my hands off of my phone.

And now I will announce that I am not going to look here until about 5pm UK. Off for a fun afternoon playing bridge.
Now be good boys and girls while I'm gone. No swearing and no death threats, at anyone.
ps I hope I can keep my hands off of my phone.

Am I going to get whooshed for replying to this, or have you really, as I'm imagining, just posted in the wrong area?

I mean, I hate so-and-so's fuggin' guts, and I want 'im dead .... but not over a simple post about a metal ox .....

As someone who spent most of my career in lighting, you're definitely talking to the right man!

No need for large Ox heads to be strapped to floodlights in the modern era. A simple high output projector, complete with a gobo, is all that is required. Probable cost about £3,000 for a really good one, and can be mounted at ground level. A gobo is a small metal disc that has an image laser cut into it, which the light passes through, thereby projecting the image into the distance, although you normally do it onto a hard surface like the side of a building. The disc is installed into a special holder in the projector and can be interchangeable, so you can have various different images for different occasions.

It's all in hand!
Right, make it so Colin!

It's all in hand!

Sponsored by YF! (y)

It's all in hand!
I can imagine the local FaceBook / NextDoor groups.
"what's that light in the sky?"
along with the usual ...
"what was that loud bang in the middle of the night?"
"have you got my parcel?"
"somebody bumped into my car when I was parked at X, please own up now before I call the police" - aka No idea who it was.

It's all in hand!

The locals will absolutely love that!

While we're on this issue, I really like the idea of having a slope going down towards the home end. However, with modern technology and all that, unlike at the Manor we should be able to have a changeable slope, so that it's always heading down towards the end we're kicking into.

Back
Top Bottom