General POLL - Email OCC Before 19th September

Have You Emailed OCC Yet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emailed every single one.

Not that it counts but support is support

Also there is a few more on the FSOB website where they are telling people to email them aswell so I emailed them too. 😀

Sent now.
Haven’t heard back from dad if he’s done it yet and i know he was going to canvas his mates so could be a few more too.

Just put on the Stadium thread that our future is basically in the hands of the 5 Liberal Democrat’s on the OCC cabinet

The 4 Labour members will vote yes after Dodd’s comments and the Green will obviously vote no.

So if we can e mail those 5 in particular it could make the difference

Calum Miller has been selected to fight the new constituency and FoSB have been onto him, so I think he will vote no
But the other 4 could be swayed

Keep e mailing

If ever there was a LibDem going to vote "Yes", it's going to be the OCC cabinet member for finance.....

Today I have emailed again to gently remain them of my views but also to address some of the misinformation that has been presented over the weeks since I first emailed.

I said that all opinions are valid, but facts have more validity. And the facts are that Oxford United and their ownership team are looking to produce a world class stadium that will enhance the entire county socially and economically, and will be the flagship for environmental developments in Oxfordshire and beyond.

I have spoken about the huge uplifts football clubs have experienced following moves, but how these uplifts have not been limited to on the pitch success. We have seen house prices increase and huge developments throughout these communities. This is not hearsay, rumour or baseless aims as some would suggest, but factually accurate with numerous sources of independent data to prove this.

I have also spoken of the ways in which football fans have been characterised by some groups, and how these have been allowed to have been spread by certain aspects of the media. I have spoken about who I am, my upbringing, my career and my family. I have spoken about the importance of building a better future for my kids, building a more inclusive society, accepting people of all backgrounds regardless of where they were born, who they love, how they identify, their age or financial status. And how none of this changes simply because I support my local football team. In fact, these views are enhanced as football fans are very much one big family that welcomes everyone in, across all clubs.

And I finished by saying that we are on the brink of history and the decisions made now are about the survival and future growth of a huge community asset that brings so much to so many peoples lives. I've asked them to be brave and recognised that their decisions will upset some and will lose them votes from either side of the debate, but doing the right thing should always be the overriding factor in any decisions being made. And the absolutely right thing is to support Oxford United with the land and subsequent planning application.

I have emailed this to all the OCC cabinet members and my local OCC and CDC councillors. I have also used this to email Anneliese Dodds to thank her for her support and to Calum Miller to ask for his support.

Please, please, email if you haven't done so yet. It really matters whether it is a couple of lines or my war and peace! And if you have emailed, why not send another just to say thank you for hearing your views and to remind them of your thoughts. Our future depends on this and every single positive response makes a difference.

If ever there was a LibDem going to vote "Yes", it's going to be the OCC cabinet member for finance.....

I'm yet to receive a response to my email to him asking if he's supportive. I've found emails to him on this matter often go unanswered which is concerning.

Just put on the Stadium thread that our future is basically in the hands of the 5 Liberal Democrat’s on the OCC cabinet

The 4 Labour members will vote yes after Dodd’s comments and the Green will obviously vote no.

So if we can e mail those 5 in particular it could make the difference

Calum Miller has been selected to fight the new constituency and FoSB have been onto him, so I think he will vote no
But the other 4 could be swayed

Keep e mailing
I wrote this over on Facebook regarding FOSB’s pressure on Cllr Miller and their hope that he can be blackmailed to support their cause:

“not sure it’s as simple as that. His target constituency consists of just over 70k potential votes. The 2k whom voted no in the parish poll represent 2.8% of that total. Let’s extrapolate that and say that the turnout at a general election is double that of the parish poll, so 5.6% feel strongly enough about Cllr Miller’s views on the stadium that they would let it sway their vote entirely and not vote for him. Now consider the other 94.4%. How many of them in Oxford United strongholds, such as Bicester (nearly 3 times the size of Kidlington and with a younger demographic who may see greater value in the stadium), would look to Cllr Miller’s stance and vote accordingly? The recent survey demonstrates that OUFC has the numbers in the wider county, and even where respondents indicated they weren’t supporters of the club, they were more likely to generally support the proposal than those in the 2 mile radius.

Personally, I think Cllr Miller will vote according to the merits of the proposal. If he doesn’t and is swayed by the potential to woo voters for an election yet to come, I don’t think the numbers in Kidlington are as attractive as you do.”

I wrote this over on Facebook regarding FOSB’s pressure on Cllr Miller and their hope that he can be blackmailed to support their cause:

“not sure it’s as simple as that. His target constituency consists of just over 70k potential votes. The 2k whom voted no in the parish poll represent 2.8% of that total. Let’s extrapolate that and say that the turnout at a general election is double that of the parish poll, so 5.6% feel strongly enough about Cllr Miller’s views on the stadium that they would let it sway their vote entirely and not vote for him. Now consider the other 94.4%. How many of them in Oxford United strongholds, such as Bicester (nearly 3 times the size of Kidlington and with a younger demographic who may see greater value in the stadium), would look to Cllr Miller’s stance and vote accordingly? The recent survey demonstrates that OUFC has the numbers in the wider county, and even where respondents indicated they weren’t supporters of the club, they were more likely to generally support the proposal than those in the 2 mile radius.

Personally, I think Cllr Miller will vote according to the merits of the proposal. If he doesn’t and is swayed by the potential to woo voters for an election yet to come, I don’t think the numbers in Kidlington are as attractive as you do.”
Totally agree. It would be very surprising and potentially political suicide if he voted with the FoSB minority

Ive individually emailed cllr Miller - congratulating him on his candidacy for Lib Dems in the new constituency, pointing out that there are many Oxford United supporters in the new constituency, and also in his capacity at a cabinet member asking him to vote in favour of progressing the stadium bid to the next stage at tuesdays cabinet meeting

Right then, only one and a bit days for folk to get their email in and get friends and family to do the same.

Absolutely brilliant to have 109 confirmed emails on here. 12 maybes so we can hopefully see it go up to 121 today or tomorrow.

Can we get even just a few more on top of that to hit 125 confirmed emails by close of play on Monday?

The weather’s a bit meh, we’ve just won 3-0 away from home, we’re in the play-off positions, and *check’s notes* we’re going to be homeless in three years if we don’t get this new stadium sorted.

What more encouragement do we all need?

Do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom