General 19/09/2023 - OCC Cabinet Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone confirm that the council actually stipulated that the club would need to provide a fully costed net-zero carbon plan? That would make the stadium not just 'environmentally friendly', but probably the most climate friendly stadium worldwide? That is a hell of a challenge.

The only stadium that I can find that comes close to net zero carbon is the Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle (https://climatepledgearena.com/), which cost over $1bn to renovate.

I've got to be an honest I'm quite concerned that the council have - perhaps inadvertently- set the club an almost impossible target to meet?

Sorry to keep banging this drum but I do think it is quite concerning that the council threw this in at the last minute. The club had previously targeted a 'drive towards NET Carbon Zero', but producing a fully costed NET Zero Carbon plan is quite a big jump further forward (honestly I'm not even sure it's something that is achievable for a football stadium).

Just done the maths. Only another 70 league matches trudging up and down Knights Road.
PS. Add on FA Cup to that figure.......counting down as from Saturday.

• React
Reactions: GRB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom