General 19/09/2023 - OCC Cabinet Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really positive news. Excited to see more detailed plans from the club now. I think the designers are really going to have to take it to the next level on the environmental side of things. A fully costed true net-zero carbon plan won't be easy - does anyone know of any net zero carbon stadiums globally?

One step closer, but I think one thing that is clear is that the OCC Cabinet WANTED this to go through, and WANT to help and protect the club. Bravo to them.

As someone who's had an involvement in this, going back five years or so, I have to say that I feel emotional.

I'm not really that excited.

Not many Benny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it just me, or is this now an anti-climax?! Was kind of expecting some kind of victory parade through the city! We're now back to waiting for the next big hurdle! 9th Oct is the next big date right?

Last paragragh!

Councillor Susan Brown, leader of Oxford City Council, said: "Oxford City Council are strong supporters of Oxford United and their fans and have been over many decades, including providing land for their training facilities at Oxford Sports Park.

"We want what's in the best interests of Oxford United and the fans, and so we're delighted that Oxfordshire County Council has agreed to provide the club land to build a new stadium.

"If planning permission is granted, the stadium will not only provide the Us with a new home, it will become a hub for sport, entertainment and tourism that will support jobs and Oxfordshire's economy.

"With new training facilities and a new stadium secured, we hope Oxford United has the platform to thrive, grow and get back to the successes I remember growing up in Oxford in the 1980s."

One step closer, but I think one thing that is clear is that the OCC Cabinet WANTED this to go through, and WANT to help and protect the club. Bravo to them.

As someone who's had an involvement in this, going back five years or so, I have to say that I feel emotional.

Yes in the cabinet there were hardly any dissenters. Even those with concerns, seemed positive overall.

Well done to everybody involved. From the beginning.

And FoSB are wrong. The football club did NOT mobalise the fan base behind this. The supporters love the club and were positively behind this. Well done MJB SE and those cajoling everybody to send in E Mails.
And to everybody for positively supporting this stadium.

Well done mate, you among others started the ball rolling. You should be proud of yourself

So how long is the leasehold for?

Sorry it it's been mentioned, but just jumped on at work.

I know there are a lot of further hurdles, but positive news!

So I am also guessing the tree huggers could still block the proposed development at some stage ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom