General Players to release

Some of these guys are under contract but they can tell them to find another club, and then maybe they would do the honourable thing and actually do it.

I think that Yanic will go. It might cost us 100k or so but I think another club may well offer him a year on half what we’re paying him (circa 4k per week). In that scenario I can see us making up the difference to get it done.

He was the only outfield sub to not get a single minute across the last two games, which I think makes it pretty clear where he is in terms of Manning’s plans.
Cheers, Karl (x2)

I think both could be useful one year extensions IF we believe they are fit enough.
Taylor yes , experienced striker to have around the place , 3rd choice if he wants it battling with 4th O'donker
Gorrin been enjoyable watching him but goes .
We have 3 gk , think Stevens and McGinty allowed/ helped to find new clubs , New first choice with Easty back up.
Yanic to depart

No to Gorrin and Taylor time to move on. And a few more out on loan. Is bodin out of contract.Time to try and move Henry ,Baldock hopefully will retire but he's contracted to us. Karl getting on TV abit but he shouldn't get a job in the football league shocking what he did. It will be interesting what backing the board can do with the mess he's left us with it could take a couple of seasons to try and work through it.

Think this is where I'm at with the squad

Release
Anderson
Davis
Gorrin
Jones
Plumley
Spasov

Make Available
Mfuni
Seddon
Stevens
Wildschut

Loan Out
Golding
Johnson
McGinty
Negru

Encourage to retire
Baldock

Offer Contract
Taylor

Targets
Keeper
Right Back
Left Back
3rd choice CB
DM
2 X Strikers (3 if no Taylor)

Would leave squad as:

Eastwood
New GK
McGinty

Long
New RB
Findlay
Moore
New CB
Brown
New LB
Golding
Negru

New DM
Brannagan
McGuane
Smyth
JJ

Bodin
Henry

Browne
Goodrham
Murphy

O'Donkor
New striker
New striker
(Taylor)

Other considerations:
- Could see Findlay going back to Scotland.
- Bodin/Henry just not available enough, so an additional CM/no 10 would be beneficial.
- Decision on Murphy by end of the window (does he look up for it etc)
- Negru loan is based on signing another centre back. He's a year younger than McNally was when we signed him and has played far less senior football than McNally had. Regular football in conference/L2 would be excellent for his development and far better than sitting on our bench/out of the squad. Same potentially with GOD.

Last edited:
No to Gorrin and Taylor time to move on. And a few more out on loan. Is bodin out of contract.Time to try and move Henry ,Baldock hopefully will retire but he's contracted to us. Karl getting on TV abit but he shouldn't get a job in the football league shocking what he did. It will be interesting what backing the board can do with the mess he's left us with it could take a couple of seasons to try and work through it.

Bodin is contracted for next season. I have no problem with Bodin as part of the squad considering the amount he has played this season. A good option but we will need others.

Think this is where I'm at with the squad

Release
Anderson
Davis
Gorrin
Jones
Plumley
Spasov

Make Available
Mfuni
Seddon
Stevens
Wildschut

Loan Out
Golding
Johnson
McGinty
Negru

Encourage to retire
Baldock

Offer Contract
Taylor

Targets
Keeper
Right Back
Left Back
3rd choice CB
DM
2 X Strikers (3 if no Taylor)

Would leave squad as:

Eastwood
New GK
McGinty

Long
New RB
Findlay
Moore
New CB
Brown
New LB
Golding
Negru

New DM
Brannagan
McGuane
Smyth
JJ

Bodin
Henry

Browne
Goodrham
Murphy

O'Donkor
New striker
New striker
(Taylor)

Other considerations:
- Could see Findlay going back to Scotland.
- Bodin/Henry just not available enough, so an additional CM/no 10 would be beneficial.
- Decision on Murphy by end of the window (does he look up for it etc)
Hard to disagree with that but keep in mind you’ve only got about 20 registered players there even if you got all your targets and they were of an age they had to be registered. Goes to show that there’s actually a lot of room for improvement in every sense. We’ve almost become accustomed to scraping by with the same micro-rotation of certain players while others are flogged until they inevitably get injured. I’d like to see us really exhaust the budget not by pissing it at hopeful superstars but actually get a proper competitive squad together that gives us genuine options in games. I don’t think for a moment it’ll happen, but I think to be competitive again (I.e. really aggravate the top 6) we need a swing of about 15-20 players, most of those being ‘ins’.

Last edited:
Hard to disagree with that but keep in mind you’ve only got about 20 registered players there even if you got all your targets and they were of an age they had to be registered. Goes to show that there’s actually a lot of room for improvement in every sense. We’ve almost become accustomed to scraping by and the same micro-rotation of certain players while others are pushed and pushed. I’d like to see us really exhaust the budget not by pissing it at hopeful superstars but actually get a proper competitive squad together that gives us genuine options in games. I don’t think for a moment it’ll happen, but I think to be competitive again (I.e. really get aggravate the top 6) we need a swing of about 15-20 players, most of those being ‘ins’.
Yeah I just revisited and counted up and realised there would still be some spaces and that's without any others beyond my own list going out the door!

There's a lot of work to do, I'd be looking for all my targets to be permanent signings with a view to the next couple of seasons. Add loans latterly if needed.

To be fair, Djavan depends on the system that Liam M wants to play. I think in a back 5, he might work. If he wants to play a back four I can't see it working, unless we play him as a winger.
We had by far our best run of form this season when he was regularly starting at right back in a back 4, what he gives us going forwards more than makes up for what we lose defensively for me plus he gives us the option of a right wing back. I think his wages might be the issue but I'd be very happy to keep him if they're reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom