New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

With all this energy being produced at the new stadium , how will it be used when there is lower demand for it at certain times, sell the excess to the grid ? or build a battery farm to save it!

With all this energy being produced at the new stadium , how will it be used when there is lower demand for it at certain times, sell the excess to the grid ? or build a battery farm to save it!
Considering peak generation for solar will be in the summer when we don't play, and our peak demand will be in the winter when generation is low, this is quite a good question.

Sell it to the grid I should imagine, would imagine having the levels of battery storage needed onsite would be a non-starter and I can't see them building something somewhere else.

Considering peak generation for solar will be in the summer when we don't play, and our peak demand will be in the winter when generation is low, this is quite a good question.
It will be re-routed directly to our state of the art staff medical and rehab centre, where recovering players can be hooked up to recharge their batteries .

Sell it to the grid I should imagine, would imagine having the levels of battery storage needed onsite would be a non-starter and I can't see them building something somewhere else.
We are signed up to Octopus. They pay the best rate for generated power and tailor their tariff to allow for optimum saving. We have, so far, at least halved our electricity bill per annum. It is expected that we recoup the cost of the system within 8 years, probably less. Where batteries come into best use is having them force charged overnight at the cheapest rate and discharge when required during the day. With adequate sunlight, they are often fully charged again by peak cost time and save using power from the grid. Given a large enough array of panels, I can see the club becoming almost self sufficient. Certainly running the stadium would be far less cost than the Kasstad. And, of course, environmentally friendly. Coupled with air source heat pumps for heating and hot water (undersoil heating as well) the stadium, hotel, health centre, bar etc. would be very cost effective.

The batteries, by the way, are not that big we have two in the garage.
Batteries and connections resized.jpg

We are signed up to Octopus. They pay the best rate for generated power and tailor their tariff to allow for optimum saving. We have, so far, at least halved our electricity bill per annum. It is expected that we recoup the cost of the system within 8 years, probably less. Where batteries come into best use is having them force charged overnight at the cheapest rate and discharge when required during the day. With adequate sunlight, they are often fully charged again by peak cost time and save using power from the grid. Given a large enough array of panels, I can see the club becoming almost self sufficient. Certainly running the stadium would be far less cost than the Kasstad. And, of course, environmentally friendly. Coupled with air source heat pumps for heating and hot water (undersoil heating as well) the stadium, hotel, health centre, bar etc. would be very cost effective.

The batteries, by the way, are not that big we have two in the garage.
View attachment 17824
The garage floor is swept.

The pointing on that block word is tidy AF.

Beautiful solar installation.

Karcher pressure washer in the corner.

... This is a man who knows his onions.

Back
Top Bottom