New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Question that I hope someone asked.

With the gate the other day being 11100 in a 12500 stadium what will be the actual capacity of the new stadium after segregation

It does feel that with some momentum and possible promotion in the coming years that 16000 won’t be enough

Still feel the original 18000 was perfect

With the gate the other day being 11100 in a 12500 stadium what will be the actual capacity of the new stadium after segregation

It does feel that with some momentum and possible promotion in the coming years that 16000 won’t be enough

Yeah Stratfield Brake was perfect.

But KPC decided they didn't want it because they are in bed with FoSB.

As for segregation, anything in the plans? @Billyox have you seen anything?

Yeah Stratfield Brake was perfect.

But KPC decided they didn't want it because they are in bed with FoSB.
I think SB was planned to be 20k+ but I could be wrong: Triangle started at 18000 and got revised down for some reason

It’s a capacity of 16000 for now.

In a few years time after the overwhelming success of the ‘Triangle’ the club will get planning permission to build further leisure facilities on Stratfield Brake or close by. Current parking around the stadium will move to the new site, which in turn will allow for stadium capacity to be increased.

Keep it to yourself though, don’t tell The Greens/fosb.

It wasn’t just Tackley. It’s a joint ward of Stonesfield and Tackley.

Stonesfield is a larger village, a population of 1600 compared to Tackley 1200.

The Green candidate lives in Stonesfield, no doubt a sizeable amount of her vote came from Stonesfield.

As I’ve said before, the Lib Dem candidate Gareth Epps is from Charlbury (not Stonesfield or Tackley) and I’m sure that rightly or wrongly for some voters that will come into their decision making, and as you say it was a low turnout and these few votes can make all the difference.

Well that makes it even more obvious that the vote had very little to do with the new stadium, Stonesfield is 10 miles from it, the same distance as Drayton is from the Kassam.

Apart from in the immediate vicinity and Oxford fans I doubt any thoughts were given to the stadium during the local elections, certainty not 10 miles away.

Regarding the phenomenal atmosphere and experience last night and the general, benefits to the community and feel-good factor, would it not be a good idea to invite the main anti-stadium counsellors and protagonists to see what all the fuss is about? What's at stake. Why we feel so passionate and strongly that the club needs a new home.
Maybe reaching out with an olive branch, giving them a box to enjoy and let them witness for themselves the magic of this club.
Build bridges - physical and symbolic.
Or maybe invite them to get in and out of the kassam on a match day and let them see the environmental impact it has, due to its location.

I think that it is 16,000 taking account of segregation.
The new stadium will be far better designed than the Kassam for this.

It’s a capacity of 16000 for now.

In a few years time after the overwhelming success of the ‘Triangle’ the club will get planning permission to build further leisure facilities on Stratfield Brake or close by. Current parking around the stadium will move to the new site, which in turn will allow for stadium capacity to be increased.

Keep it to yourself though, don’t tell The Greens/fosb.

Sorry but none of that is true. The triangle is all that is on offer for us, SB will remain sports pitches ran by KPC as they are in control of the lease.

All other land surrounding the stadium is earmarked for housing.

I think I see in the plans the away end can be reduced from match to match aswell and will likely just be a row of stewards and possibly rails between fans.

The reason we can't do that at the Kassam is the concourse under the stand.

Sorry but none of that is true. The triangle is all that is on offer for us, SB will remain sports pitches ran by KPC as they are in control of the lease.

All other land surrounding the stadium is earmarked for housing.

Whooooooosh🙂

Not sure of the EFL rules but if it’s a minimum of 10% to away fans we’ll have a maximum 14,400 home fans less a bit of segregation. Plenty of sell outs heading our way I reckon! 🙂

Was anybody else a little surprised and disappointed at Nathan's question to Tim Williams on Saturday?
Something to the extent that the atmosphere and occasion was so good that isn't it a bit frustrating that we can't stay at the Kassam ( that was my understanding unless I misheard)
Er.....no.
The atmosphere at the new stadium will blow Saturday away ( no gaps in the corners or empty 4th stand- a stadium design to have a good atmosphere).
Also an additional 5k Oxfird supporters abke to be there and people will get thete an hour or more early to enjoy the atmosphere in comfortable surroundings and things to do@

Not sure of the EFL rules but if it’s a minimum of 10% to away fans we’ll have a maximum 14,400 home fans less a bit of segregation. Plenty of sell outs heading our way I reckon! 🙂

The planning was for the stadium to be full or nearly full most of the time. So we will see a number of games selling out each season which is not a bad thing. There will be capacity to potentially build up to increase capacity further, but not sure if this will be an incremental increase or something that would be dictated by our league position.

Was anybody else a little surprised and disappointed at Nathan's question to Tim Williams on Saturday?
Something to the extent that the atmosphere and occasion was so good that isn't it a bit frustrating that we can't stay at the Kassam ( that was my understanding unless I misheard)
Er.....no.
The atmosphere at the new stadium will blow Saturday away ( no gaps in the corners or empty 4th stand- a stadium design to have a good atmosphere).
Also an additional 5k Oxfird supporters abke to be there and people will get thete an hour or more early to enjoy the atmosphere in comfortable surroundings and things to do@

It's not the stadium that made the atmosphere it was the fans. We could make the same at any ground even Kidlington FC 😜

I'm not sure why Nathan asked that question as everyone is well aware apart from the deluded FOSB and councillors why we can't remain at the Kassam but Tim Williams answered it spot on.

The atmosphere would be a hell of alot better in the new stadium.

Er.....no.
Yes it was noted. Think it was something like "you look at tonight and think it's all already here?"

Don't know wether he was being subjective but I get the sense that the RadOx team are all for the new stadium but need to be as neutral as possible as they are BBC employees.

Or maybe invite them to get in and out of the kassam on a match day and let them see the environmental impact it has, due to its location.
No chance. They don't want to know about that.

All they care about is stopping the stadium by any means necessary. If that means being massive hypocrites, so be it in their eyes.

If the few people in Tackley who bothered to vote in a very low turnout local election did so over a development being built over 5 miles away then you have to worry what they are putting in the water there, it’s essentially like people in Clifton Hampden claiming that the games at the Kassam have an effect on them.

Rest assured, the NIMBYS in Clifton Hampden will have done that.

Back
Top Bottom