New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

As I said earlier I don't see CDC as a problem they have to judge the planning application on its own merits they can't just object because they don't want it that's not how planning application work

But they can frustrate and delay the process as Green councillors have previously pledged to do.

As I said earlier I don't see CDC as a problem they have to judge the planning application on its own merits they can't just object because they don't want it that's not how planning application work
I love your optimism Billy, but they can slow the process down I’m sure. Apathy rules and the delay in submitting the planning application could prove a massive mistake. We saw how hopeful we were that OX5 support on the planning portal was positive, but Kidlington has returned two anti stadium councillors, adding to the existing one. Out of 4 Kidlington District Councillors 3 are against the stadium, that’s a powerful voice.

I love your optimism Billy, but they can slow the process down I’m sure. Apathy rules and the delay in submitting the planning application could prove a massive mistake. We saw how hopeful we were that OX5 support on the planning portal was positive, but Kidlington has returned two anti stadium councillors.
And in the end the support on the planning portal was not positive from OX5 was it?. FoSB leaflets out just at the right time and nothing in response. I'm off to enjoy my garden and hopefully the play offs.

I think that is what will happen though and I think as Dillon does that the club and oxvox have been very complacent.
Mmm.
Not sure about that. To me it appears that the club are spending huge amounts and getting top people in to get this done (£5m I heard?)
Planning is in and my understanding is that in general the planning committee has to follow the rules and law.
I expect that the club did exactly what they were advised to do and tried to get into planning with i's dotted and t's crossed.
Unless you know something that I don't?

I don't really know what the rules are about soliciting comments for the planning - but I was pretty amazed that there weren't leaflets from the club at least informing people of the process, where to go to comment etc on every seat for those last two home games.

I'm feeling we've lost momentum, from the politicians who chose to support the Stadium they've not seen a positive impact, they've been asking "where the Oxford United fans were, we banked on you and you didn't come out" - Political circles say we just didn't turn up, rather than chose to vote for others.

What it will do is give the antis a stronger voice and its dampened our voice.

Will it stop the stadium, probably not. I've gone from 98% sure we're getting a Stadium to about 60%

Its a big shift and yes, I have to question, if we had mobilized better vs Stevenage, the clubs issues may have gathered more importance..

So, Problems - Green Vote in Kidlington, will be seen as Anti-Stadium, it will be focused on and built up to push against us.

Opportunities, the LibDems, we now call a truce from the baiting and see which side of the fence they come down on, super important to keep on at them.

if this stadium does hit difficulties and at the General Election, people vote LibDem in that ward, without a guarantee of support from Calum Miller and we didn't mobilise...well we didnt want it that much.

Sadly this stuff doesn't win itself sat on the sofa, hoping someone else will do the work

Tough to take and frankly feel like giving up the effort where its not made a jot of difference but it all be new tomorrow I'm sure....

Think about it Middleton and his wife have been against everything in Kidlington and yarnton both on cdc planning yet everything still gets the go ahead get those chins up puff out those chests WE HAVE GOT THIS
We are Oxford united we don't do things the easy way and we certainly don't give up it's the 2nd half down the slope attacking the London rd we have got this
Screenshot_2024-03-06-08-28-23-53_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Tough to take and frankly feel like giving up the effort where its not made a jot of difference but it all be new tomorrow I'm sure....
60% chance and talk of 'giving up the effort'. Genuinely surprised by that. Hopefully others keep going ( particularly the club and owners)

Back
Top Bottom