New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I doubt there's anyone who's assuming that it will.
I'm very confident that it will.

Yes there's been some delays, yes there's some objections, but was anyone expecting anything less...? It's a large project being proposed on the edge of a village. When has something like that ever been proposed without objections? We knew this would happen.

Regardless of any of that, good and steady progress is being made. That will continue.

I think that they have made a mistake keeping that name.
I think that they look ridiculous when SB has so many problems ( facilities, pitches etc), they are claiming to be 'friends' and yet none of FOSB/ KPC do anything at all to help to try and improve those facilities.
They are happy to try and take taxpayers money to fight the stadium, but not to argue for improvements at SB.
I.think that they look ridiculous with such a name, as it contradicts totally what I reality they are doing.

In recent weeks I've downgraded FOSB from 'threat' to 'irritant'. They may have a few delaying tactics left but not the cash or influence to stop this now. Their call to arms for a host of objections has added a few but these make up only a fraction of their purported 'membership'.

If you had donated once to them, what would motivate you to do so again? You would have heard how they went cap in hand to KPC so you'd know they were begging for money to fund another fruitless attempt to stop the stadium. Why throw good money after bad?

An argument that keeps them from having any say and exposing them as NIMBYs is the one you've put above - what are you doing for SB? They rarely come back with anything.

It's the politicians and councillors who this now rests with. FOSB are in the rear view mirror now.

Responses so far, not sure how accurate they are at this point, some are duplicated and pretty sure I now need glasses after scrolling through each one on my phone everything got a bit blurry to say the least.

For: 1474 with 166 from OX5 and 435 total from CDC

Against: 501 with 329 from OX5 and a 5 additional from CDC area
There's been about 10 more objections since I did this count

You can still submit feedback to the application if you missed the published deadline (which is a guideline only). So if anyone hasn't sent in feedback you still can. The sooner the better.

I'm very confident that it will.

Yes there's been some delays, yes there's some objections, but was anyone expecting anything less...? It's a large project being proposed on the edge of a village. When has something like that ever been proposed without objections? We knew this would happen.

Regardless of any of that, good and steady progress is being made. That will continue.

Out of interest, did you submit a statement of support on the planning portal? The reason I ask is that there are large numbers of our fanbase you think, like you, that the stadium will happen and there's no need to get involved.

That is a dangerous position to hold in my view.

No comments received after 22nd April have been loaded to the portal and there have been 2,734 submissions made to date, although some are duplicates or documents to support a genuine comment.

That is a phenomenal number for the planning officers to digest (341 on deadline day alone), so my initial thoughts are that they will not be accepting any comments made after the stated closing date, but that remains to be seen.

I'll do a breakdown of for/against later.

Bicester West has Les Sibley but having spoken to him 12 months ago I would be amazed if he would side with Mr Middleton on anything.

sibleygold@aol.com
Once years ago played in a charity football match for Slade Farm with Les Sibley being on the other side. He wasn't actually a bad player, but after the game went to penalties we scored our first two and they missed both of theirs.

So lo and behold, he insisted that it wasn't 'official' because we didn't have a coin toss to see who goes first, instead we just said they could just choose.

Struck me on that day that he was a bit of a prat.

We won on penalties regardless, even with the retakes. But yeah, he definitely likes football at least.

No comments received after 22nd April have been loaded to the portal and there have been 2,734 submissions made to date, although some are duplicates or documents to support a genuine comment.

That is a phenomenal number for the planning officers to digest (341 on deadline day alone), so my initial thoughts are that they will not be accepting any comments made after the stated closing date, but that remains to be seen.

I'll do a breakdown of for/against later.
it maybe too much of an ask(?) but if its possible can you in the breakdown 'show' how many against are duplicates (same person/ multi posts from same person) please - no worry if its not possible

it maybe too much of an ask(?) but if its possible can you in the breakdown 'show' how many against are duplicates (same person/ multi posts from same person) please - no worry if its not possible

Also, some of the objections are spread across multiple documents. FOSB have submitted their objection in five different documents but it should only be counted as one. Likewise there are some ‘confirming of address’ documents in there too.

Also, some of the objections are spread across multiple documents. FOSB have submitted their objection in five different documents but it should only be counted as one. Likewise there are some ‘confirming of address’ documents in there too.
there seems to be no dirty trick or delay tactic that FoSB wont stoop to

Yet another leaflet by the greens ,just popped through my door.
I hate it, but I've got to give it to them.
They're on the ball & relentless around Kidlington.. more or less sweet F A from other parties compared..... Oh apart from the Lib Dems on the other side of Kidlington.. annoying!!!!!!
Yes they are relentless had leaflet from the Tories and it didn't even have the candidate name on it very poor.

Had a reply from Layla Moran unless I’m in her constituency she won’t reply irrespective to the fact I’m asking about her support for the triangle bid and the fact Levy, Gant are both being very nonchalant.
That’s the way it works with all MPs. They just respond to their constituents.

Out of interest, did you submit a statement of support on the planning portal? The reason I ask is that there are large numbers of our fanbase you think, like you, that the stadium will happen and there's no need to get involved.

That is a dangerous position to hold in my view.
I just don't think we have any real reason to believe that it won't go ahead. Beyond the usual green fingers and NIMBY objections that you'd expect with any big development near a village, there's nothing that suggests it won't happen.

All consultations, survey's etc (all of which I've taken part in) have indicated there is a lot of public support for the project - significantly more than those objecting, at least. Progress is being made, and while it may not be as quick as we want it's a huge project and these things always drag and hit bumps in the road.

I can understand people being frustrated by some of the comments made by those objecting but Ian Middleton saying things like 'maybe just move to Didcot then' isn't going to stop the stadium. Delay it? maybe. Stop it? no.

Back
Top Bottom