New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

How is attacking our fanbase calling us thugs going to stop a stadium being built, we aren't involved in the planning or going to build it?

All he is doing is making himself look like a dick.

Him attacking Margaret Boggs last night who is as anti as they get was bloody stupid of him.
To begin with I'd argue with Margaret all the time but now she's nice as pie she has her issues with the stadium manly parking traffic etc but some of us reached out to her and told her to talk to us if there's anything that she don't like about the plans when released or something she would like to see and we will pose the questions to the club on her behalf. She hates Middleton as well

To begin with I'd argue with Margaret all the time but now she's nice as pie she has her issues with the stadium manly parking traffic etc but some of us reached out to her and told her to talk to us if there's anything that she don't like about the plans when released or something she would like to see and we will pose the questions to the club on her behalf. She hates Middleton as well

She certainly has changed her tune since the early days of SB then.

I suspect Margaret and several others in Kidlington have had a light bulb moment.

Middleton’s anti stadium, anti OUFC, anti progress, anti community crusade is actually all about himself and how he can make capital from it and enhance his political career.

He’s a fraud, and as his tweets have shown a creepy one as well.

Margaret Boggs has been anti stadium from the start but I respected her views.
They were about parking mostly but nevertheless those who were anti stadium and said they didn’t want a stadium built right next door to them I could live with

What I despise about Middleton Suzy Vicky and Tackley man is that they won’t come out and say this and distort facts and blatantly lie.
Ian I know you have people reading these posts for you so just come clean , stop the underhand tactics and just come out and say

“I don’t like football and I don’t want a stadium built anywhere near me”

They were about parking mostly but nevertheless those who were anti stadium and said they didn’t want a stadium built right next door to them I could live with

What I despise about Middleton Suzy Vicky and Tackley man is that they won’t come out and say this and distort facts and blatantly lie.
Ian I know you have people reading these posts for you so just come clean , stop the underhand tactics and just come out and say

He can't, for 2 reasons...

1) He doesn't want to alienate potential votes that he may need in the future.
2) His arrogance won't allow it.

How is attacking our fanbase calling us thugs going to stop a stadium being built, we aren't involved in the planning or going to build it?

All he is doing is making himself look like a dick.

Him attacking Margaret Boggs last night who is as anti as they get was bloody stupid of him.

Perhaps he's trying to distract us from Councillors Mawson and McLean who have adopted anti-stadium views and are on the Cherwell District Council planning committee so are very relevant whereas he isn't?

Like a manager after a defeat who takes the blame for dodgy tactics to deflect the attention away from the players?

THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT. they dont get it, lying pisses people off. Being honest may annoy but at least you know the stance. Margaret all fairness has always said she's a nimby and why and I totally support her opinion.

The faux environmental nonsense from FOSB, proper shite.

THIS IS EXACTLY MY POINT. they dont get it, lying pisses people off. Being honest may annoy but at least you know the stance. Margaret all fairness has always said she's a nimby and why and I totally support her opinion.

The faux environmental nonsense from FOSB, proper shite.
agree 100% re respecting Margaret B's standpoint, shes never pretended to be anything but anti stadium as is her right.

FoSB , Chester V and his so called 'green' councillors in Kidlington PC & Cherwell DC however are a whole different kettle of fish with falsehoods, unproven claims and blatant fearmongering, plus not adhering to National Green party manifesto. Not very nice people IMO

I see Middleton has won.
Whether it be in the OM comments,Nextdoor,X,Facebook an d most of all Yellows Forum.
All anybody is posting about is Ian Middleton.
He is totally irrelevant.
Can we just shut this down and start a new thread about the New Stadium Proposals and Planning .
Please .
What has he won ??? Strange comment....

agree 100% re respecting Margaret B's standpoint, shes never pretended to be anything but anti stadium as is her right.

FoSB , Chester V and his so called 'green' councillors in Kidlington PC & Cherwell DC however are a whole different kettle of fish with falsehoods, unproven claims and blatant fearmongering, plus not adhering to National Green party manifesto. Not very nice people IMO
Not to mention the hilariously disingenuous "Cautiously neutral" position he tried to convince people of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe me, Middleton is winning nothing.

He is a bully and a control freak, and must always control the narrative in his favour. It will be killing him to see that these tweets are out in the open for all to see. He has been forced to put a reply on to his twitter feed, but it is hidden because of his previous actions and most of those who have seen the article in the Ox Mail or online won't now see his response.

People who had previously believed every word that came out of his mouth are now turning agsinst him. His support locally will be hugely damaged and he will face sanctions from his party and the councils he represents.

And more than this, do you think that the Ox Mail reporters that he is now accusing of twisting the story are going to keep running to him for a quote?

The man is finished, and that will become more apparent in the coming days and weeks. And the best thing is that he'll deserve everything that is coming his way.

Bang on. I know there are some on here who think we perhaps protest too much about IM but don’t forget his level of influence and ability to mislead in all of this. He has had a speaking gig at most OCC meetings, is a reserve for the CDC Planning Committee (which his wife is already on), has written his response to the scoping report and is an active social media user. I’ve had to correct people on Nextdoor who have taken his misleading statements as fact because they have come from an elected councillor. People who don’t scout out all the info as many do on here read his comments in the OM, hear him on Rad Ox and believe him because he was elected to do the job.

Exposing him for his skullduggery remains key to winning the war on misinformation. If he had been honest from the outset and simply said ‘I’m aligned with FOSB and cannot support this in any shape or form’, we would have been viewed him as a pain but probably not one that we’d opt to look into further. As it is, his position has been like a Ponzi scheme – you can only keep it going until people find out the truth. He has always been aligned with FOSB and the neutrality position was a lie.

The article yesterday kicked a stone out of the antis wall. Anything he says and does now will be met with people sharing that OM article. Reputationally, it has damaged him. He loves being the contrarian maverick who sees things only he is able to see and is always right (see his Nextdoor post aimed at Margaret where he claimed that the searching for tweets was because we didn’t have a ‘cogent argument’ against him. P**s off. From a critical thinking perspective, you have been shown up on more than one occasion). The absence of contrition, even in his ‘sorry not sorry’ “apology” on Twitter which few would see since he has protected his tweets, reveals who he is.

Like a wounded animal, he’ll still be knocking around, throwing shade on the club who have been here for 100 years more than you ever have, Ian. Let that happen if you want. I’m going to continue to challenge him and expose him as a liar, charlatan, anti-progressive, anti-football anti-Oxfordshire enemy of this.

Last edited:
If you was a true green & I mean true green. You wouldn't have more than 1 property, & you wouldn't certainly have a couple of gas guzzling motors. You certainly wouldn't own a business that entails mining . Say no more....

Back
Top Bottom