General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately most councilllors do not like football and this will be irrelevant to them. They do like shitting on other peoples doorsteps which could get us votes from outside Oxford/Kidlington.
Being so cheerful keeps you going.

Being so cheerful keeps you going.
I'm a current town councillor. My wife is the mayor of my town. My friends include mayors, ex-mayors, council leaders, comittee chairs and district councillors. I have attended many town/district/county council events over the last 4 years. I don't want to get too optimistic.

I know how important this is to everyone, and emotions are running high, but please be mindful that we've fought a clean fight so far and can hold the moral high ground in how we've all conducted ourselves. We don't need to drop to the same despicable standards that some of these anti groups have with their lies and shameful portrayal of football supporters.

The parish councillors are now largely irrelevant in this, and we don't need to give them a single opportunity to scream foul play by sharing photos of them or any personal details. Keep it clean, and leave the desperate stuff to them. I'm confident that we'll get the decision to proceed to planning tomorrow and we can all start looking forward to seeing exactly how special this will be for us AND the community.

I know how important this is to everyone, and emotions are running high, but please be mindful that we've fought a clean fight so far and can hold the moral high ground in how we've all conducted ourselves. We don't need to drop to the same despicable standards that some of these anti groups have with their lies and shameful portrayal of football supporters.

The parish councillors are now largely irrelevant in this, and we don't need to give them a single opportunity to scream foul play by sharing photos of them or any personal details. Keep it clean, and leave the desperate stuff to them. I'm confident that we'll get the decision to proceed to planning tomorrow and we can all start looking forward to seeing exactly how special this will be for us AND the community.
Parish/Town councillors are always irrelevant on planning isssues.

I’m currently more nervous tonight than I was before the conference final.
Tomorrow is such a massive day for our club and our community. I hope everyone has sent emails, signed the petition to keep this club alive.
I want to be positive and think why would the council suggest a bit of land if they didn’t want us to get our new home but there is always that nagging doubt.
Let’s just hope we find out before kick off tomorrow because if not then I won’t enjoy the game one bit.

They've been very quiet, publicly anyway, since Thursday. Defeated, or with their council connections, do they know something we don't?

I'm just nervous!
Because with the triangle site. They have next to no chance of being able to block the building of it. It’s not for KPC to make a decision. Stratfield Brake was, but they went all in to try & scupper that. It seems to me that OUFC didn’t take their eye off the ball & saw what was going to happen with SB & chose to pursue The Triangle as it would have less opposition and they would be dealing directly with OCC & CDC. Not KPC & the NIMBYS

Let's remember that at the KPC meeting they said they were told by OCC no form decision will be name until the Autumn. Let's hope that doesn't play out tomorrow. If it does OCC have a leak.

Let's remember that at the KPC meeting they said they were told by OCC no form decision will be name until the Autumn. Let's hope that doesn't play out tomorrow. If it does OCC have a leak.
Who knows, going to be a horrible day for sure until we get an answer, isn’t it like item number 4 on the agenda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom