Non-League National north and south voided

And when the premiershit help runs out for Leagues 1/2 even though there only a 20-24 games to go whats to stop the less well if clubs from voting similar.

I reckon we will finish this season but I tell you what, if fans are not allowed back by the start of next season, I can't see league 1 or 2 even starting.

The Govt have denied they offered ongoing support from what I've read (could be wrong though and they could be lying if course) so it depends what the Lg Admin told the clubs. The Dover owner who is having a right go about this and the board though was on that board who negotiated and passed the info onto the clubs.

As a side note Parmentier, the Dover owner, has furloughed staff/players etc and said they won't be playing anymore games even though the NL National voted to continue.
it does seem a right mess. there does also seem to be some controversy over the voting, i'm sure the conference still uses the same fax machine...

Has there been any indication of how the tables are going to finish?
Will they re start the season once they are able to?
I assume that not enough games have been played for ppg?

Here's a question - did Oxford City vote to void the season?

I generally don't get the love in with them. They are neighbours, not a little brother.

Here's a question - did Oxford City vote to void the season?

I generally don't get the love in with them. They are neighbours, not a little brother.
Well you see some of us older fans used to venture down the Whitehouse ground when united were away. So naturally we still hold City close to our hearts. Some people's second clubs were/are prem clubs but I think I speak for a lot and say OCFC are our second team.

Well you see some of us older fans used to venture down the Whitehouse ground when united were away. So naturally we still hold City close to our hearts. Some people's second clubs were/are prem clubs but I think I speak for a lot and say OCFC are our second team.

Well i personally am relatively young, and don't have a "second club" Oxford United is my only club.

Well i personally am relatively young, and don't have a "second club" Oxford United is my only club.

I'm early 30's and I wouldn't say City are my second club but I do look out for their results and if our game has been called off or its too far to go away I have been to watch them at Court place farm. Put it this way any one that does see them as their second club is atleast better than someone who supports us and the likes of Liverpool or man u that has no ties to that local area.

So put the 19 in one league, with the points they already have, knock up a quick fixture list, then top three up, plus playoffs, everyone happy...
Or, given that at least seven national League clubs voted not to continue, then let them stop and let the equivalent number of the highest placed north/south league clubs who voted to continue take over their fixtures for the rest of the season.
This would allow promotion to EFL to work as normal, then the best performing of the stepup clubs play in the national League proper next season.

Back in the day, I occasionally took myself off to the White House to catch a game. During the Bobby Moore era I remember (vaguely) seeing both Harry Redknapp and Phil Beal featuring. Can anyone remember the name of their decent centre-forward (striker) Peter somebody (surname began with D I think), from around this period? Definitely not Henry Landers...

Back in the day, I occasionally took myself off to the White House to catch a game. During the Bobby Moore era I remember (vaguely) seeing both Harry Redknapp and Phil Beal featuring. Can anyone remember the name of their decent centre-forward (striker) Peter somebody (surname began with D I think), from around this period? Definitely not Henry Landers...
Peter dallaway

The latest article on the academy on the official club site indicates that all our loanees to step two sides are back and quarantining and will be available for u21 squad for games from Thursday.
Wonder whether we'll see one or more go one step further and feature in the senior match day squad before the season closes?

The latest article on the academy on the official club site indicates that all our loanees to step two sides are back and quarantining and will be available for u21 squad for games from Thursday.
Wonder whether we'll see one or more go one step further and feature in the senior match day squad before the season closes?
If our season ends up as mid table one with a run of meaningless games at the end I would be disappointed if we didn’t give some youngsters a bit of experience.

It’s a bizarre situation, but with the national league being a team short and with the likely expulsion of Dover for refusing to play still (they still have 29 games left so kicking them out has to happen soon) you have two promotion spots available without relegating anyone (and perhaps a bargaining chip with Dover of them starting back in the national north next year to avoid a court case).

God knows how it will work though, would points from the first part of the season count or will it be a mini league etc?

It’s a bizarre situation, but with the national league being a team short and with the likely expulsion of Dover for refusing to play still (they still have 29 games left so kicking them out has to happen soon) you have two promotion spots available without relegating anyone (and perhaps a bargaining chip with Dover of them starting back in the national north next year to avoid a court case).

God knows how it will work though, would points from the first part of the season count or will it be a mini league etc?

Was the NL North rather than South mentioned deliberately?

Back
Top Bottom