Non-League National north and south voided

Clubs in the National North and South have voted to null and void this season... 24/43 voted for it.

What now? When do they restart?
That’s a shame as Oxford city were doing so well in the national league south

• React
Reactions: QR
Good that they've waited until the window closed so that players who were weighing up offers to go higher up the ladder now can't move

It was always mental to include a part time, regional league as part of elite sport when no one could figure out how it would be funded.

seems to me that 24 nls & nln clubs have ambition and desire, and 43 of them don't .... or don't have any money left to pay for the rest of the season
(PL could 'help' with finances, but wont I'd guess)

Its rather like the L1 & L2 EFL clubs who voted in favour of salary cap & restrictive squad size restrictions

I cant see PFA mounting a challenge, successful or not, on behalf of PFA members who ply their trade in NLS & NLN,
certainly not in time to rescue this season

though I do agree with @holdsteady .... funding, lack of, is very likely the main factor

Clubs in the National North and South have voted to null and void this season... 24/43 voted for it.

What now? When do they restart?

They won't start until all fans are allowed back but whether that is in August is anyones guess. Shame for City as they were playing some decent football and looked like atleast being in the play ofs . There was talk on Radio Ox the other night that It could be possible for a league made out of the teams that wanted to continue but nothing spoken of that in the official statement.

It was always mental to include a part time, regional league as part of elite sport when no one could figure out how it would be funded.
Exactly, particularly once it was sprung on them that what funding there was going to be would only be loans

They won't start until all fans are allowed back but whether that is in August is anyones guess. Shame for City as they were playing some decent football and looked like atleast being in the play ofs . There was talk on Radio Ox the other night that It could be possible for a league made out of the teams that wanted to continue but nothing spoken of that in the official statement.
So put the 19 in one league, with the points they already have, knock up a quick fixture list, then top three up, plus playoffs, everyone happy...

seems to me that 24 nls & nln clubs have ambition and desire, and 43 of them don't .... or don't have any money left to pay for the rest of the season
(PL could 'help' with finances, but wont I'd guess)

Its rather like the L1 & L2 EFL clubs who voted in favour of salary cap & restrictive squad size restrictions

I cant see PFA mounting a challenge, successful or not, on behalf of PFA members who ply their trade in NLS & NLN,
certainly not in time to rescue this season

though I do agree with @holdsteady .... funding, lack of, is very likely the main factor
Not as simple as that. clubs were promised grants but turned out to be loans. For many clubs the risk to future survival was what was at stake, being unable to repay these loans. Without fans, some clubs just could not continue financially at the moment.

So put the 19 in one league, with the points they already have, knock up a quick fixture list, then top three up, plus playoffs, everyone happy...
That would be to much for the EFL board

That would be to much for the EFL board

Thankfully they have nothing to do with it.

So it's over to Strudwick* and his ilk....oh dear.

*no idea if he's still a thing

Not as simple as that. clubs were promised grants but turned out to be loans. For many clubs the risk to future survival was what was at stake, being unable to repay these loans. Without fans, some clubs just could not continue financially at the moment.
fair point

the clubs also only voted to start the season on the basis of a promise of ongoing support (not loans), so now that funding doesn't exist it is only right (although unfair in the circumstances for City) that this vote went the way it did.

the clubs also only voted to start the season on the basis of a promise of ongoing support (not loans), so now that funding doesn't exist it is only right (although unfair in the circumstances for City) that this vote went the way it did.

The Govt have denied they offered ongoing support from what I've read (could be wrong though and they could be lying if course) so it depends what the Lg Admin told the clubs. The Dover owner who is having a right go about this and the board though was on that board who negotiated and passed the info onto the clubs.

As a side note Parmentier, the Dover owner, has furloughed staff/players etc and said they won't be playing anymore games even though the NL National voted to continue.

Real shame for Oxford City considering how well they've been playing but understand the reasons why clubs voted against continuing the season.

Real shame for Oxford City considering how well they've been playing but understand the reasons why clubs voted against continuing the season.
And when the premiershit help runs out for Leagues 1/2 even though there only a 20-24 games to go whats to stop the less well if clubs from voting similar.

Back
Top Bottom