Current Player Marcus Browne

There's a club option

Only one option there, sadly. Time we moved on from being a charity and put the club first. I love watching him at full tilt but can count on one hand the amount of times we’ve seen it since he came back. Unless the club can pinpoint where they’re going wrong with him, he needs to play at a lower pace somewhere or at a club that would be happy with 10-20 games from him a season. It’s not us.

Most of what’s said on the Murphy thread is transferable here.

Browne played 36 league games last season, so he isn’t a complete crock. I think they will trigger another season.

He's made 57 appearances in all competitions over the past four seasons.
Brown, Cam, Ruben & Sparky will likely all end up in the low 50s in appearances this season alone.

And we're almost certainly paying him a bundle (which we would have to continue doing so if we triggered the option).

I can see an argument for voiding the option but offering him a new 'pay as you play' deal for next year, because he does have skills (even if the end product isn't always there). But the same is true of Murphy and Edwards as well, and we can't (well shouldn't) do that for all three of them. One high ceiling-high risk winger is enough - we need to pick.

Brown, Cam, Ruben & Sparky will likely all end up in the low 50s in appearances this season alone.

And we're almost certainly paying him a bundle (which we would have to continue doing so if we triggered the option).

I can see an argument for voiding the option but offering him a new 'pay as you play' deal for next year, because he does have skills (even if the end product isn't always there). But the same is true of Murphy and Edwards as well, and we can't (well shouldn't) do that for all three of them. One high ceiling-high risk winger is enough - we need to pick.
Murphy is easily the best of those three when fit and playing, and is playing regularly at the moment. If he can keep fit until the end of the season he'd be the one I'd keep (on a lower salary than at present).

Don’t want this with Murphy & Browne. Have we not learnt our lesson

Murphy is easily the best of those three when fit and playing, and is playing regularly at the moment. If he can keep fit until the end of the season he'd be the one I'd keep (on a lower salary than at present).
He’s only making himself available because his contract’s up at the end of the season.

Would say it’s between him and Edwards would keep both Edward’s was class before getting injured

An outstanding footballer at this level is being selected by his manager (something that didn’t happen under either Robinson or Manning) and is repaying that faith
Or he’s now choosing to be available.

Think we should release Browne but I just know he'll go to another club, have an injury free season and get 15+ G/A's.

Jodi Jones 2.0

Think we should release Browne but I just know he'll go to another club, have an injury free season and get 15+ G/A's.

Jodi Jones 2.0

But the two seasons after that he will barely play.

Definite FOMO kicking in now, a month ago everyone was happy to see the back of Edwards, Browne, Murphy, at the current rate of people changing their minds we will be advocating for Sam Baldock to get a 3 year contract by the end of the season.

I too love watching Marcus, but unfortunately he’s injury prone. I think he’ll be released as we need a strong robust squad.

Or he’s now choosing to be available.
Murphy was available to Liam Manning who played him at the end of last season but rarely in 2023/24

I've no idea whether he was available or not to Karl Robinson since I don't believe a single word he said about players and their availability. We do know that (especially in his latter years) that Robinson had an extraordinary ability to bear a grudge

Back
Top Bottom