Current Player Edwards & Browne Injury Update?

I assume Browne was substituted yesterday due to an injury. He certainly wasn't best pleased. Any news?

I assume Browne was substituted yesterday due to an injury. He certainly wasn't best pleased. Any news?

Buckingham suggested his leg (can't remember which bit he mentioned though) had tightened so took him off as a precaution. Going to scan it to be sure though.

Let’s hope these 2 are fit in the next 2-3 weeks ready for the Christmas onslaught.

Oof. Like Liam Manning’s hair, we’re looking light up top again.

I just one of them could be a week or so ahead in their recovery. We need as many as possible at present.

“[Marcus] was feeling good and even in the short spell on the pitch he played a part in our goal but then he felt something tighten up on the other leg to where the first injury was…”

This happens a lot when you have an enormous injury like he had when we signed him (obviously). Other parts of your body try to compensate for the weakness, and as time goes on everything starts popping and pinging as various muscles and ligaments begin wearing away unevenly.

You have to feel for him. He’s only 25. If he ends up being another Rob Hall that’s two good players who deserved a lot better.

Such a shame, but as others have pointed out Browne’s body just can’t be relied upon for much more than 10-12 games a season. It felt like maybe he’d gotten over it last year, but at this point in his career it isn’t ’bad luck’ (although it is desperately sad and unfortunate for him). It’s a pattern which suggests his body cannot be relied upon to withstand the rigours of playing regularly in a 40+ professional football season. Personally I’d now add a top attacking midfielder/wide player to our January shopping list as a result.

(Although admittedly Harris can play there if we actually get another forward in)

Absolutely devastating news to be missing so many key players going into the festive period. Between that and Manning’s departure (and a slight stagnation in our performance levels ) it’s hard not to feel like we’re starting to go off the rails a little. I really hope Des can keep us in touch over Xmas even if we drop back into the playoff pack - and then that the board back us with yet more money for the high quality additions we need in January if we’re serious about a promotion push

Both injured on return. Sounds like we could do with a new physio. Yes bad luck, but clearly their bodies weren’t ready and match fit.
Maybe you know a lot more than me. I would have thought that they can't be match fit until they have played matches?
It sounds as if Browne's injury is a totally different one, but there are genuine questions as to whether his body will ever be ready.
On Edwards, I have no idea as to whether it is just one of those things or whether the medical team made a mistake

It was odd to play Browne in a match where he wasn’t really needed. We’ve still got three good wingers in Mills, Murphy, and Tyler and will have to ration them and maybe play Harris wide. GOD or Perkins will have to step up.

Both injured on return. Sounds like we could do with a new physio. Yes bad luck, but clearly their bodies weren’t ready and match fit.
I think it's more a case of us needing to stop buying players from the bakery

IMG_1302.jpeg

NO MORE GINGERBREAD MEN!!

So the medical team have fucked up bringing Marcus back to early then

You can tell that Des is at least thinking it (although he seems too nice to say it directly):

“He [Browne] will go for a scan today but he’ll certainly be out until the new year. Kyle Edwards went for a scan last week and is looking at similar. If that’s confirmed then that’s frustrating for all of us. At the same time you can’t just blame bad luck and move on hoping it doesn’t happen again. We are blessed with a very knowledgeable and very honest staff and we will meet this afternoon as a group to look at a few things."

Two players being injured within 45 minutes of their return to the first team is not a good look for the medical staff.......

Last edited:
It was odd to play Browne in a match where he wasn’t really needed. We’ve still got three good wingers in Mills, Murphy, and Tyler and will have to ration them and maybe play Harris wide. GOD or Perkins will have to step up.
Surely that is the type of match someone coming back from injury should play to get them back to match fitness.

Back
Top Bottom