Current Player #18 Marcus McGuane

I’d like to know when his contract will be extended - the most important player for us, needs sorting asap.

That was some hit, an absolute belter. My memory isn’t that great but can’t think of too many better long range goals scored at the Kassam. A much better all round performance from him too, picked the right times to pass and went to hold on to it.

Always liked this one from Tommy Mooney, especially as we got a win over a very good Yeovil side who had spanked us 6-1 at their place.

That was some hit, an absolute belter. My memory isn’t that great but can’t think of too many better long range goals scored at the Kassam. A much better all round performance from him too, picked the right times to pass and went to hold on to it.
Shandon Baptiste v Lincoln on Boxing Day. Must have been 2019. One of my favourite never-spoken-about great OUFC goals. Spins away from two players and puts it postage stamp top bins. Brilliant strike.

Always liked this one from Tommy Mooney, especially as we got a win over a very good Yeovil side who had spanked us 6-1 at their place.

I was at Yeovil for the 6-1 spanking. Miserable day made worse by having to shop in town beforehand. Try it.

Does anyone have any more info on what has happened with Marcus? From mainstay to not even making the squad. I know he has had quite a few anonymous performances and I think it was right to drop him from that starting eleven but it’s strange that he doesn’t even make the squad. I know it was alleged that he was one of the three players that downed tools but given that Bodin and Rodrigues continue to start that doesn’t make sense. So does anyone have any info on what has happened there?

I suppose you would struggle to determine whether Rodrigues or Bodin had 'downed tools' whereas McGuane was regularly not worthless.

But it's worth holding off on my uninformed opinion until an expert.at football like big swinging dick has spewed his expertise all over this thread.

Deary me, have we got a bit of a pity party going on? Bless you, feeling a bit worthless? F*** me, man up!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Does anyone have any more info on what has happened with Marcus? From mainstay to not even making the squad. I know he has had quite a few anonymous performances and I think it was right to drop him from that starting eleven but it’s strange that he doesn’t even make the squad. I know it was alleged that he was one of the three players that downed tools but given that Bodin and Rodrigues continue to start that doesn’t make sense. So does anyone have any info on what has happened there?
Jerome claimed not to know on the Dub today.
I can't see us playing the same formation being played v Peterborough and if so will McGuane come back in?
If he is sidelined for the rest of the season, will we trigger the year option on him to try and receive a fee for him?

I wonder if contractual issues are what's keeping him out of the squad?

There was talk that we could trigger an option to extend his contract, perhaps he's indicated he doesn't want to stay? Or if he makes any more appearances it automatically triggers and the club doesn't want that?

We'll see on Saturday I guess.

I wonder if contractual issues are what's keeping him out of the squad?

There was talk that we could trigger an option to extend his contract, perhaps he's indicated he doesn't want to stay? Or if he makes any more appearances it automatically triggers and the club doesn't want that?

We'll see on Saturday I guess.
At least the situation proves we don’t have any ITKs! No one seems to know what’s going on.

Hopefully if called upon he will try his best, but personally it's time to move on when we play the top teams our midfield looks average. So time to look for someone else in the summer. But I hope if he comes in Saturday he's the best player on the pitch 🤞

Yeah, I'm not sure there's anything sinister here - he was absolutely outstanding in August, and then gradually got worse month-by-month so that by the time we got to March, his performances were actively hurting the team and he didn't deserve his place in the squad any more.

Given that a very similar thing happened the previous season (although he did have a bit of a bounce in the last month of the season), I'm not sure he's the sort of reliable central midfielder you can build a League One promotion contender around.

Time to find someone better in the summer........

Yeah, I'm not sure there's anything sinister here - he was absolutely outstanding in August, and then gradually got worse month-by-month so that by the time we got to March, his performances were actively hurting the team and he didn't deserve his place in the squad any more.

Given that a very similar thing happened the previous season (although he did have a bit of a bounce in the last month of the season), I'm not sure he's the sort of reliable central midfielder you can build a League One promotion contender around.

Time to find someone better in the summer........
I agree with you on his performance levels but what I don’t understand is why that’s the case. I understand lifts and dips in form but the starting off so strongly and gradually getting worse and worse is so strange.

I personally think it’s nothing more sinister than last season he suffered from the whole team falling apart and this season he’s been carrying an injury/fatigue for a while after having to play constantly without a break, but we shall see. If he does come back in he should be fully fit and rested so it will be interesting to see how he plays. I still think he’s decent at League One level - not many players can be clear MOTM for 3, 4, 5 games in a row - but players move on and he’s been here a while now.

If he’s made it clear he doesn’t want to stay here then it’s pretty obvious why he’s not been included in recent squads.

I’m sure it’ll all come out in the summer.

It will likely end with us using our club option & him moving on for a small sum.

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him rock up with Snake at Bristol City & kick on again. Similar to the way Rothwell left us.

Back
Top Bottom