• Sheff Wed

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Sunderland

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • WW

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least it's going to be a full Wembley (well the Sunderland end anyway) this time so Wycombe won't be able to cheat from the stands aswel as on the pitch I don't like Sunderland fans but I'd rather they went up getting abit bored of playing them now lol

Would like to have seen Wednesday get out of the way and go up. They were fantastic at ours, especially in an attacking sense. The movement of their front three or four was a step up from L1, that was our best win of the season because they were genuine championship standard on the day.

A big part in our repeated 10k+ attendances this season has been down to having the four playoff contenders in the division. Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday sold out their away allocations and Wycombe and MK Dons ensured two attendances over 9000 each.

All four are good for the coffers although Sunderland and Wednesday are more likely to secure full sell outs of the away end. Maybe it would be worth keeping them down over Wycombe from a financial perspective?

Would like to have seen Wednesday get out of the way and go up. They were fantastic at ours, especially in an attacking sense. The movement of their front three or four was a step up from L1, that was our best win of the season because they were genuine championship standard on the day.

Mid-table league 1 at the back though.

Which sounds painfully familiar.

If Sunderland score first they go up, don’t think Wycombe have enough about them to take the game to them. If Wycombe do then it’s a very different match, especially with the pressure of the big crowd and expectations versus the ultimate spoilers, first goal will be massive.

...and very possibly the only one.

I note the poll shows that almost three quarters of yellowsforum don't have a clue what they're talking about!

I note the poll shows that almost three quarters of yellowsforum don't have a clue what they're talking about!

😀 i didn't read the poll question correctly, I thought it asked who we wanted to win the play offs.

😀 i didn't read the poll question correctly, I thought it asked who we wanted to win the play offs.

Puts you firmly in the 'no clue what they're talking about camp'.

Sorry.

A big part in our repeated 10k+ attendances this season has been down to having the four playoff contenders in the division. Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday sold out their away allocations and Wycombe and MK Dons ensured two attendances over 9000 each.

All four are good for the coffers although Sunderland and Wednesday are more likely to secure full sell outs of the away end. Maybe it would be worth keeping them down over Wycombe from a financial perspective?

What’s more important though - promotion or the coffers ? Hopefully the club will let us know before I renew my season ticket !!!

Puts you firmly in the 'no clue what they're talking about camp'.

Sorry.

Robbo the leader of the camp right? 😝

Sheffield Wednesday and MK were the best footballing sides I've seen us play at home and I would have liked to see one of them go up, last night Sunderland could of been wearing Wycombe shirts and the game wouldn't have been much different, at times they were so negative compared to previous seasons and I guess that is Alex Neil's style but like Ainsworth I couldn't watch that every week.

Wigan are the only good footballing side going up this season.

Robbo the leader of the camp right? 😝

Sheffield Wednesday and MK were the best footballing sides I've seen us play at home and I would have liked to see one of them go up, last night Sunderland could of been wearing Wycombe shirts and the game wouldn't have been much different, at times they were so negative compared to previous seasons and I guess that is Alex Neil's style but like Ainsworth I couldn't watch that every week.

Wigan are the only good footballing side going up this season.

Not sure Wigan are quite as good as that even.
It's quite a damning verdict on League One this season with promotion for Wigan, Rotherham and either Sunderland or Wycombe.
The so-called footballing sides - Oxford, MK, Wednesday, Ipswich, Bolton - all coming up short.
Sunderland went from Lee Johnson (very much in the KR mould), scoring plenty and conceding plenty, to a very conservative manager that eliminated their soft under-belly and made them much harder to beat (at the expense of scoring goals). Would Sunderland have made the play-offs under Johnson? Probably. Would they have gone to Hillsborough and frustrated a Wednesday team boasting some real quality? I doubt it.
I'm not for a second suggesting we go down that route, I still believe we can play football AND win promotion from this level, but the evidence of this season does add weight to the counter argument.

Will it be case of who scores first or who scores last (& latest) ....both have a habit of getting late goals/ winners ....will the play off final be any different?

That poll isn't representative then.

It's far more than that.

tumblr_mg3efdiyOP1qc9pwoo1_500.gifv

Last edited:
Wycombe and Sunderland will finish 0;0 with Wycombe winning on penalties is my prediction.

It costs the club more money to go to Sunderland so that’s the only reason I hope that they get promoted

Back
Top Bottom