first of the first leg semi finals tonight

WW V MK tonight

Sunderland V Sheff wed tomorrow night

second legs of the semi finals are

Sun May 8th MK V WW

Mon May 9th Sheff wed V Sunderland

the L1 final is Sat 21 May

who will win the play off final?

I want Sheff Wed to win but unfortunately Wycombe will spawn their way through yet again to win.

I'd like the winner of the Sheff Wed v Sunderland game to go up.

Personally I'd prefer Sunderland to go up, purely because I wasn't able to make the trip to Hillsborough this season so I'd like another opportunity.

Last edited:
MK Dons for me.

Wednesday v Mk Dons for the final brings an open attacking game, either of the other 2 makes it more sterile.

I have absolutely no feelings about either MK or Sheffield Wednesday so one of them to go up ideally. I suppose MK are likely to be the weaker of the two sides if they miss out so maybe them.

Can’t stand Sunderland’s arrogance so would be nice for them to stay down yet again. It’s fun playing Wycombe and they think it’s a rivalry so may as well play them next season as well.

Don't give a monkey's to be honest, the three staying down are roughly as strong as each other and I have no feelings one way or another for all four teams.

Sheffield Wed or the Don's. Either way, we can say we were better* than the team that eventually went up

*On the basis that we beat them home and away - other definitions of better are available...

Don't give a monkey's to be honest, the three staying down are roughly as strong as each other and I have no feelings one way or another for all four teams.
nearly put an additional option on the poll - 'don't give a s**t, its not going to be Oxford this season' - but decided against

I actually couldn't give a s**t I will watch the game tonight and tomorrow out just because it's football hoping Wycombe lose

Got to be one of Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday, mk dons and Wycombe are easy away days for us that can't afford to travel 100's of miles. As well as getting a season ticket for me and my boy this season ( haven't held one since 2019) I would like to take him to some more away games now his youth football has moved to Sundays. The only away game we've done as a pair is the Mk dons and while it's a soulless bowl its easy to get to and a good afternoon out rather than eating away a whole day.

Its the Bucks El Clasico of Wycombe v MK tonight. I want neither of these sides to go up and its galling one of these will get to enjoy Wembley with a crowd. Hopefully Wednesday will win the playoffs.

Also saw this which I thought was interesting, such a huge range of attendances in L1: 20220505_120612.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to be one of Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday, mk dons and Wycombe are easy away days for us that can't afford to travel 100's of miles. As well as getting a season ticket for me and my boy this season ( haven't held one since 2019) I would like to take him to some more away games now his youth football has moved to Sundays. The only away game we've done as a pair is the Mk dons and while it's a soulless bowl its easy to get to and a good afternoon out rather than eating away a whole day.
I'm also hoping mk don't go up and Wycombe hoping to take my son to those two next season if scum get promoted I don't think it would be a responsible thing to take him there 😜

I'm also hoping mk don't go up and Wycombe hoping to take my son to those two next season if scum get promoted I don't think it would be a responsible thing to take him there 😜

Bristol rovers might come up too, that gets a bit fiesty from memory.

Bristol rovers might come up too, that gets a bit fiesty from memory.
Yep remember that a few years back there was some trouble with them in the hotel bar (holiday express) might have to give that one a.miss aswel don't think his mum will allow him to go there lol

Yep remember that a few years back there was some trouble with them in the hotel bar (holiday express) might have to give that one a.miss aswel don't think his mum will allow him to go there lol

Just go around the edge of the playground car park rather than through the middle where it can get feisty. Had a lovely chat with some Brizzle fans walking by the handbags doing that. Doubt you'd be going to the pubs with a young 'un which was the other flashpoint iirc.

Last edited:
Sky just showed season stats, putting Wycombe in 23rd place and MK first, they put similar stats up at the play off final v them.

IF Wycombe make it up, I think I'll give up football and watch table tennis!

In order of preference:
1. Sunderland
2. Sheffield Wednesday
3. MK Dons
4. Wycombe

Sunderland or Wednesday as they are furthest away, although I couldn't really care less. I'd like Wycombe to stay down, only because I like a beer in the White Horse before a game and I don't like Ainsworth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom