Manager/Coach KR on 5 minute forum this week

I don't think he could of said anything to please many of the kr out people.
Some of you moan and don't even listen to it!
Some? A lot it was full of drivel. He hasn’t achieved anything and as for the 2 positions that are very big at a guess I would say that’s a LB and a striker.
He said nothing to please the fans apart from the 2/3 fans who can’t see through their rose tinted glasses.

I hope baldocks wife has a good job otherwise Santa clause ent coming this year kids
As for KR (sighs)

So if we believe that Baldock is on a pay as you play contract it must have been decidead within the club that there was a good chance that he wouldn’t play very often especially given his recent injury & appearance record.

If that’s the case why go into the start of the season with only one other experienced centre forward In Taylor, who himself is no spring chicken and will inevitably play less minutes as he gets older.

Yes we have O’Donkor, good prospect though he is we shouldn’t be replying on an 18 year old who should be out on loan gaining valuable regular playing time and experience for both his and the clubs long term benefit.

In my view Browne and Joseph are wide forwards not centre forwards.

So just the one experienced centre forward who thrives on crosses into the box from pacy, wide wingers…..

Needs to rethink his comment about win record.
Since last March, it’s something like 10 wins in 32 league games.
Not a good end to a season or this.
41% at the moment.

No, he said he wouldn’t name the positions out of respect for the players at the club who already occupy those positions.

He’s protecting his players. You know that.

8fcb8f47f5202398b44fe4d1992a2a0c.gif

Makes you wonder why we haven't been promoted. Still, 41% is great. I'm pleased.

42% win percentage in League games with us.

Unfortunately he's lost 33% too.

Points per game in his whole League time with us is just over 1.5.

Or 69 points in a full season.

Typically equates to a top half finish, on a rare occasion good enough for the play-offs - but more often not.

Sounds about right to me!

12 in all competitions since March 1st 2022.

36 games played since March 1st.

12 wins are as follows:

Oxford 4-1 Burton
Oxford 1-0 MK Dons
Oxford 1-0 Cambridge
Oxford 5-0 Leyton Orient (PJT)
Oxford 2-1 Burton
Oxford 4-0 Port Vale

Shrewsbury 1-2 Oxford
Fleetwood 2-3 Oxford
Cheltenham 1-2 Oxford
Exeter 2-4 Oxford
Bolton 1-3 Oxford
Woking 1-2 Oxford (FA Cup)

12 wins are as follows:

Oxford 4-1 Burton
Oxford 1-0 MK Dons
Oxford 1-0 Cambridge
Oxford 2-1 Burton
Oxford 4-0 Port Vale

Shrewsbury 1-2 Oxford
Fleetwood 2-3 Oxford
Cheltenham 1-2 Oxford
Exeter 2-4 Oxford
Bolton 1-3 Oxford

We were bookies favourites for 10 out of the 12 games.

2 stand out wins: MK Dons at home at the end of last season & Bolton away a few weeks ago.

12 wins are as follows:

Oxford 4-1 Burton
Oxford 1-0 MK Dons
Oxford 1-0 Cambridge
Oxford 2-1 Burton
Oxford 4-0 Port Vale

Shrewsbury 1-2 Oxford
Fleetwood 2-3 Oxford
Cheltenham 1-2 Oxford
Exeter 2-4 Oxford
Bolton 1-3 Oxford

Technically we beat Swansea as well. :)

I honestly don’t know why people get so worked up over what he says. The 5 minute forum is a PR exercise for the club.
People ask questions and the person who is answering with them will answer them in a way that doesn’t the club. Whether that be KR, Williams, Mous etc.
People seem to determine whether they like the answers depending on who is answering them (see Mous as an example).
If you want to dismiss what ever is said then fair enough but life is too short to get so worked up over just 1 interview.

I honestly don’t know why people get so worked up over what he says. The 5 minute forum is a PR exercise for the club.
People ask questions and the person who is answering with them will answer them in a way that doesn’t the club. Whether that be KR, Williams, Mous etc.
People seem to determine whether they like the answers depending on who is answering them (see Mous as an example).
If you want to dismiss what ever is said then fair enough but life is too short to get so worked up over just 1 interview.
So it’s completely pointless?

Back
Top Bottom