Kidlington Parish Council meeting this Thursday, 30 March 2023

Edit- it says that local people can't speak at the meeting?
I read that it says those who wish to speak must attend in person..... I think if you are a resident and are attending and whish to speak you may need to pre book with the clerk of KPC ... @DannyW may clarify?

i hope a resident points out that a hobbyist lobbist group based in Poole , Dorset ( with few residents of Kidlington as their members) have used an ancient law to waste £7000 of Kidlington parish council money to hold a meaningless poll, held at a time when no plans have been submitted, and ask how many more times this, in the main non-local group of professional agitators, will be allowed, with seemingly the chairman of KPCs collusion, to waste more Kidlington parish council money on more meaningless polls, after all KPC have NO say in planning permission being granted regarding The Triangle. The ability to have genuine input regarding OUFC relocating their stadium was halted earlier when this pressure group of mainly non-residents blocked KPC from engaging with relevant parties when Stratfield Brake sports ground was on the agenda, and that has cost the people of Kidlington many much-needed facilities already.

I read that it says those who wish to speak must attend in person..... I think if you are a resident and are attending and whish to speak you may need to pre book with the clerk of KPC ... @DannyW may clarify?

i hope a resident points out that a hobbyist lobbist group based in Poole , Dorset ( with few residents of Kidlington as their members) have used an ancient law to waste £7000 of Kidlington parish council money to hold a meaningless poll, held at a time when no plans have been submitted, and ask how many more times this, in the main non-local group of professional agitators, will be allowed, with seemingly the chairman of KPCs collusion, to waste more Kidlington parish council money on more meaningless polls, after all KPC have NO say in planning permission being granted regarding The Triangle. The ability to have genuine input regarding OUFC relocating their stadium was halted earlier when this pressure group of mainly non-residents blocked KPC from engaging with relevant parties when Stratfield Brake sports ground was on the agenda, and that has cost the people of Kidlington many much-needed facilities already.
Blimey Sarge there's only ten minutes put aside for members of the public no time for war and peace I'm affraid. Members of the public can speak but only to an item on the agenda. It is a courtesy to let the clerk know before hand or you need to ask the chair ten minutes before the meeting and indicate which agenda it m you ish to speak to.
From memory the minutes of the last meeting are on this agenda so you could in theory Speak about something on that if you felt it was an inaccurate record.
I would not speak about the waste of money myself, the law is the law and as I keep saying democracy costs, others obviously have other views, but even if you don't like the underhand method used to get the poll, you never know when you might want to use it yourself or as any of the other laws which are available to the public.
I feel the laws may seem arcane but are there to stop a council just riding roughshod over the residents.

Back
Top Bottom