Kidlington Parish Council meeting this Thursday, 30 March 2023

OxVox

Good afternoon everyone

Kidlington Parish Council will be discussing the Triangle stadium proposal at their meeting this Thursday, March 30th.

If you’re local to Kidlington, or want to hear what others have to say, please join us and attend the meeting.

VENUE: Exeter Hall DATE: Thursday 30 March START TIME: 7.30pm.

See full details of the meeting in the flyer below, which is being circulated in Kidlington.

Link to flyer:

http://www.oxvox.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/KPC30032023flyer.jpg

Please remember to observe and listen to the opinion of all with respect.

Good afternoon everyone

Kidlington Parish Council will be discussing the Triangle stadium proposal at their meeting this Thursday, March 30th.

If you’re local to Kidlington, or want to hear what others have to say, please join us and attend the meeting.

VENUE: Exeter Hall DATE: Thursday 30 March START TIME: 7.30pm.

See full details of the meeting in the flyer below, which is being circulated in Kidlington.

Link to flyer:

http://www.oxvox.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/KPC30032023flyer.jpg

Please remember to observe and listen to the opinion of all with respect.
those in favour of stadium project at the triangle- imo - should wear club colours to the KPC agm, even if they're not speaking, as visually, lots of yellow and blue there will make a real point and a statement too (silent majority )

my sister (ST holder) ,subject to finishing babysitting her granddaughters on time , is planning attending- intending to be wearing an OUFC shirt

Last edited:
Would it not be more powerful for those in favour to not be overtly labelled as OUFC fans?

“Of course they would support it, they’re football fans” - FoSB, 31.3.23

Would it not be more powerful for those in favour to not be overtly labelled as OUFC fans?

“Of course they would support it, they’re football fans” - FoSB, 31.3.23
fair point - there again why pander to FoSB?, most of whom are not Kidlington residents! .... besides arent Kidlington residents 'allowed' to support their local football league football club? - time to show those professional protesters, who claim they speak for all residents, that the reality is they do not- so, lets '....build it up with Yellow n Blue' (as the old song goes) , I say

a lot of yellow and blue at the AGM will, IMO, say more than no colours- it visually displays 'support' for the triangle stadium project

Last edited:
I get it, Sarge, and of course it’s a personal choice. My point is that if we want to show a majority in favour of it, the bulk of that group will not be fans; they will be people who want the benefits of the facilities brought by the stadium.

It’s not about pandering to the naysaying zealots, it’s about demonstrating that those in favour are not just our own.

I get it, Sarge, and of course it’s a personal choice. My point is that if we want to show a majority in favour of it, the bulk of that group will not be fans; they will be people who want the benefits of the facilities brought by the stadium.

It’s not about pandering to the naysaying zealots, it’s about demonstrating that those in favour are not just our own.
Kidlington residents not speaking at KPC dont get a vote or anything like that ( I believe?) - best way to show visual support ( of The triangle stadium project) is - IMO- display of OUFC club colours- that said if I was able to attend Id have to borrow one of my dad's old oufc shirts ;)

Oxvox have you played into the hands of FofSB. Posted by Victoria Campbell on Nextdoor today.

”Nickie it's really concerning that a flyer (endorsed by OxVox and therefore indirectly OUFC) has to remind people to be polite whilst also accusing FoSB of defamatory statements. The Yellows Forum contains posts calling FoSB members really disgusting names. Other social media posts can be seen ridiculing Kidlington residents personally by name and threatening riots if this doesn't go ahead. OUFC's fans' Forum jokes about when they have urinated in people's front gardens. The Club has had to repeatedly ask its fans to be nice. If there is unacceptable behaviour, I don't believe it is from Kidlington residents.”

99.9% of Oxford United supporters do not need to be instructed how to behave when supporting the need to move. Victoria Campbell and other objectors have no need to be concerned and they know that. We must not give them any excuse or reason to berate the fine people who follow our club.

99.9% of Oxford United supporters do not need to be instructed how to behave when supporting the need to move. Victoria Campbell and other objectors have no need to be concerned and they know that. We must not give them any excuse or reason to berate the fine people who follow our club.
They will find something, they have been watching here and other media for some time and have all the posts which people thought were funny at the time to use against us stored up. I put a lot of the said posters up and could not see an issue with a friendly nudge to be good, but whatever we say, anything we do will be used in a negative way against us. I know the 99.9 thing is correct but do you think they will use that, of course not. We just need to get used to their lies, and there are plenty of them. Easy to make up as well, like I've been threatened. Who can say they have or haven't.

They will find something, they have been watching here and other media for some time and have all the posts which people thought were funny at the time to use against us stored up. I put a lot of the said posters up and could not see an issue with a friendly nudge to be good, but whatever we say, anything we do will be used in a negative way against us. I know the 99.9 thing is correct but do you think they will use that, of course not. We just need to get used to their lies, and there are plenty of them. Easy to make up as well, like I've been threatened. Who can say they have or haven't.

Supporters can mention the 99.9999% and then mention the crime stats for Kidlington that were linked in here iirc and how generalisations can be very wrong.

After yesterday's stitch up of a meeting, what are Oxvox's views?
Does this 'vote' make any difference (KPC clearly have no say in the decision).
Is there anything that the fanscan do to help? What are Oxvox doing ( or does the vote simply not matter?)

Have to say ,, the future of the club is out of the fans hands . Please can the council be on our side just once !!! So many people live for Saturday, including me !

This might pull together a few questions from last nights meeting and vote:

From that article

A poll can be demanded before the end of the meeting on "any question arising at the meeting".
Only those at the meeting and eligible to vote can vote on the question
Once agreed at the meeting, the wording of the poll is fixed
The parish council chairman must notify the district council's election returning officer that a poll has been requested
The returning officer will consider the request. He will only approve the poll if correct procedures have been followed.
The poll must take place between 14-25 days after being demanded (excluding weekends and bank holidays)
There is no provision for postal or proxy voting
The outcome of the poll is an expression of the views of the electorate of the parish. It is not binding.

So, if (as reported) the question was pre-meditated and could be proven as such, might the returning officer reject the demand for a poll?

Edit: Reading on another thread that the question has been changed - if so then procedures definitely not being followed...

Last edited:
Going back to this "vote" - 65 for 60 against - according to the minutes, there were only 98 residents and 12 councillors present. My maths makes that 110 "locals" So, who are the 15 others who voted?

Going back to this "vote" - 65 for 60 against - according to the minutes, there were only 98 residents and 12 councillors present. My maths makes that 110 "locals" So, who are the 15 others who voted?
Ineligible voters can also be added to the incorrect procedures list then....

Well the caretaker said there were 150 seats for residents and non residents with no more room for standing so can’t work out this figures mate

Last edited:
Well the caretaker said there were 150 seats for residents and non residents with no more room for standing so can’t work out this figures mate
Swear during the live recording when they took the headcount to decide if the pool was to go ahead, some guy put his hand up like 5 times.

Ineligible voters can also be added to the incorrect procedures list then....
Plus the Kidlington residents that were running late on the way to the meeting, heard from the chair that no votes were to be taken, so chose to tune in from home rather than attend in person.....
... could easily have been half a dozen of them, but we'll never know....

Back
Top Bottom