Kidlington Parish Council meeting this Thursday, 30 March 2023

Looks like there's something else going on now. KPC website not working properly at the moment but looks like an extraordinary parish meeting is being called for 13th April 7.30pm

Looks like there's something else going on now. KPC website not working properly at the moment but looks like an extraordinary parish meeting is being called for 13th April 7.30pm
Site works for me, although the link under 'here' isn't working...

1680709821031.png

Site works for me, although the link under 'here' isn't working...

View attachment 12741
Very poor from an accessibility point of view to provide links in that way. Makes things very difficult for those using screen-readers (and particularly when the link doesn't actually work!)

I'm being a pedant but accessibility is covered by legislation now, so you'd think the website of a council (parish or otherwise) would be a live to that...!

will the chairman again state there wont be a vote, while in the knowledge that there is a(nother) preprepared call under ancient laws for a(nother )poll, costing a(nother) £7k ?

is the the second KPC EGM (so far) this year ?

If they did make such a statement then he should be challenged on it immediately.

it wasnt the self confessed cautiously neutral green councillor for Kidlington south, who actually lives in Yarnton was it?
He was sat up at the end of the row of seats we were sat in, I did see him counting when the hands went up for and against the last minute ( “ we’re not voting tonight “ )

Is it’s anything to do with the stadium and you find out can you let us know please @DannyW

I cannot copy photo of agenda I have just popped down to Exeter Hall to take of the posted agenda.
The meeing is to:
To consider the Parish Councils communications to residents with regards to the recently called parish Poll.
Edit: The meeting is on zoom if Thier website starts working I'll try and remember to post a link.

Last edited:
I cannot copy photo of agenda I have just popped down to Exeter Hall to take of the posted agenda.
The meeing is to:
To consider the Parish Councils communications to residents with regards to the recently called parish Poll.
Edit: The meeting is on zoom if Thier website starts working I'll try and remember to post a link.

No doubt FoSB will have some input on any KPC communications on this considering the previous meeting. Just hope it isn't a repro of their justification for the poll.

Will the parish council try to influence the voters in any communications? Is that allowed at all?

There should be an item on the agenda stating that the council are absolutely ashamed that they have been forced to waste £7,000 of taxpayers money.

Im probably missing something , but what is actually on the agenda for discussion at this KPC EGM?
This is the only bit that I can see would be relevant:
5. To consider the Parish Council’s communications to residents with regards to the recently called Parish Poll.

How are they going to tell residents that some non-resident organisation has invoked an ancient law, forcing the council to spend £7000 on a poll that will have no bearing on the progress towards a new stadium for OUFC, on land that they, the council, do not control in terms of ownership.

That's going to go down well with folk who are struggling with energy prices, the cost of living and that their kids can't play football, ruby or cricket because the ground is waterlogged and/or the pavilion is so dilapidated that it is becoming unsafe.

Here you go, you can submit, or go along and ask, questions regarding #5
Screenshot_20230407_111911_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

Last edited:
This is the only bit that I can see would be relevant:
5. To consider the Parish Council’s communications to residents with regards to the recently called Parish Poll.

How are they going to tell residents that some non-resident organisation has invoked an ancient law, forcing the council to spend £7000 on a poll that will have no bearing on the progress towards a new stadium for OUFC, on land that they, the council, do not control in terms of ownership.

That's going to go down well with folk who are struggling with energy prices, the cost of living and that their kids can't play football, ruby or cricket because the ground is waterlogged and/or the pavilion is so dilapidated that it is becoming unsafe.
I assume that they wont quite put it like that!
They will probably try and spin it more positively!
It would be good if local people angry at the total waste of taxpayers money went along and voiced their concerns

I assume that they wont quite put it like that!
They will probably try and spin it more positively!
It would be good if local people angry at the total waste of taxpayers money went along and voiced their concerns
Edit- it says that local people can't speak at the meeting?

Back
Top Bottom